SAIA | 30 min rest break

Mine records my progressive shifting and stuff even if I don't log in I logged in this morning when I arrived and it had all of it from the time I pulled off exit 2 in sc til I got back to Jcy but showed off duty on the log I never logged into it and I make it a point to never log in but I guess it does it anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Suicidejockey,
Your TM is wrong. He can wait an extra 15 minutes for his freight.

In order to protect yourself, you need to show at least 15 min, for drop/ fuel/ postrip, then a 30 minute off duty break, and then a 15 minute pre / hook. If it was me, upon arrival at the destination terminal, I would log the first 15 as postrip, drop, and fuel. Then log the 30 minutes as off duty break and use that time for collecting, checking your hazmat paperwork, and locating your trailers. The last 15 minutes I would log as pretrip / hook. You would have to burn an extra 15 minutes per night but, in my case,my old legs could use an extra 15 before that 5 1/2 roll back to the barn.

As a former SAIA Driver Trainer and now Owner Operator , I can tell you that some of these new regs are a bunch of crap , but I run a Chicago to Des Moines turn . I take my break while getting unloaded in Des Moines ! I have E-logs , and I can tell you that the Qualcomm is FAR superior to your "Vnomics Mickey Mouse Computer" .. That VNOMICS has some real design flaws that are causing some SAIA drivers big headaches ! Also I believe that your 30 min break MUST be taken sometime in the middle of your day to avert the need for a second 30 min break !