Yellow | 30 & out

S

Stan Smith

Why was there no limit put into this contract like most other unions have? For example, 30 years and out....... :Rulz:

The NMFA negotiations do not include the terms of retirement age or years of service.....that is up to the different funds themselves to decide and disburse. The NMFA includes only the amount of Company contributions to the funds. The one dollar per year is a very good amount and is exactly what we asked for. In the doomsday atmosphere we're in this has gone all but unnoticed.

Yeah, I'm thrilled to death that we STILL don't have to pay for our insurance. I don't know many other places that can still say that.

Just in case this thread is really about forced retirement instead of retirement amounts.......I agree that many guys hang on too long but I'm against anything forcing them out. It's up to them to decide. It's a shame that many seem to have no life outside of this but I'll never say that they should be forced out. Most would want them forced out only to better their own position and that's not very good Union thinking, in my opinion. That's ME, ME, ME thinking.