FedEx Freight | 30 Seconds

Seems that when Tractor comes back from service you have 30 second idle time. Waiting for a stop light truck shuts off. Waiting to pull out in traffic truck shuts off. Backing in at an idle truck shuts off. What arm chair Quaterback thought this one out.What are you saving??? Do the same to all company cars and see where that would go. It is time to stop with the stupid stuff and be smart about the decision's you make. This sounds like when all the glad hands on trailers were turned.

What I think is funny is that the money we save in fuel should go into a "we're going to need a lot of new starters" fund. At my center we have already had two drivers this week break down because their starters went out. Let's look at the big picture on this.....The customers was paying a shipping clerk overtime to wait on us to get another driver there to pick up the freight. I bet that customer will be thinking of us when they come up with new business to ship out...NOT. Holy crap. Enough already with the petty ante nickel dime micro managing stuff. It would be great if the company would get driver input b4 making these dumba$$ decisions. When will the madness end:chairshot:

I can't wait till winter ......
Glad the wife and I own Johnson Control stock.
We will be going through batteries faster than
fuel conditioner.

my tractor now shuts down after 50 something second.

in order to save fuel they make the truck shut off ever minute and disable my cruise control.

isn't cruise the best way to save fuel?

btw i let the truck stall everytime all the money fedex saves on fuel will be put back into starters and batteries.

i also was reading the owners manaul on my tractor and it says to let the truck idle for 3 minutes before you shut the truck down so the turbo has proper cooling.i gues its cheaper to replace those to than to let the truck run.

pretty soon they will be taking the jump seats,radio,cb mounts,mud flaps,air condition units, power steering pumps,sun visors,tow hooks,window cranks,and rubber flooring out of the trucks to save weight to get an extra 1/4 mile out of every tank of fuel.

JEEP JERK :1036316054:

Maybe the next step for the company would be to have the driver pay for 20% of the fuel to run the truck.
Think of it as a copay to keep your job.

:hysterical:

JEEP JERK :1036316054:

Maybe the next step for the company would be to have the driver pay for 20% of the fuel to run the truck.
Think of it as a copay to keep your job.

:hysterical:

There goes the bone us.....oops I keep mispelling that word sorry. I mean bonus.:hysterical:

Chock me up for 1 of each

My truck is the first since the save fuel experiment to have a brnd new starter and a new battery. Wonder what the cost of that was. We use an outside vendor at our center, so the top wrenches weren't able to to the job....tell me again how much fuel we saved again.:chairshot:

My truck is the first since the save fuel experiment to have a brnd new starter and a new battery. Wonder what the cost of that was. We use an outside vendor at our center, so the top wrenches weren't able to to the job....tell me again how much fuel we saved again.:chairshot:

exactly:1036316054:

hey cityslicker common sense says trucks use less fuel when they are connected to a wrecker, DUH:duh::duh::duh:

Wait till they start replacing the starters.
Then you can drive another guys truck
while yours is in the shop for 2 weeks to have
a new starter put in it.
Two weeks, when is the last time you got a starter in two weeks.it takes two weeks just to order it and then another week to put it on, because fedex has these big parts rooms with no parts in them.and for this 30 min idle time, their not saving fuel, they are just enforcing(if you are not in the drivers seat the truck is to be off.)WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO NEXT,PUT A KILL SWITCH IN DRIVERS SEAT LIKE A RIDING LAWN MOWER EVERY TIME YOU GET UP OR YOU ARE ON ROUGH ROAD YOUR TRUCK WILL SHUT OFF.:hysterical:

Two weeks, when is the last time you got a starter in two weeks.it takes two weeks just to order it and then another week to put it on, because fedex has these big parts rooms with no parts in them.and for this 30 min idle time, their not saving fuel, they are just enforcing(if you are not in the drivers seat the truck is to be off.)WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO NEXT,PUT A KILL SWITCH IN DRIVERS SEAT LIKE A RIDING LAWN MOWER EVERY TIME YOU GET UP OR YOU ARE ON ROUGH ROAD YOUR TRUCK WILL SHUT OFF.:hysterical:
Now stop it J-L, I bet they like that idea! Hurry up and delete that post.:hide:

Some real egg-head accountant had to show someone, look... we can save $.035 per thousand gallons of fuel for every 10 seconds we don't idle. It's all in the numbers!!!! He's probably the same braniac that tells you to never pay off your mortgage because you lose a tax write-off. Let's see, pay $10,000 to save $1,000.
I do wonder if this had anything to do with the "no idle" laws going up everywhere for big trucks. Even so, I'd love to do that to the biggie wiggies' cars and see if they could deal with that aggravation. I think we know the answer to that.

We have had some guys say they are now leaving the starter engaged for a few seconds after engine start up, to teach those suits a lesson about the cost of starters!!! That would definately wear them out sooner!!! I can see it now....a graveyard of tractors....all awaiting starter installations!!

My biggest complaint with it is it really does take my attention from the road, traffic and surrounding hazards when I am stopped in traffic. It is especially dangerous when sitting on the interstate in bumper to bumper city traffic.

Stalled Fed Ex Frt truck hit by train. ''30 second shutdown may be at fault''.

I can see the headline in U.S.A. Today already.

Question:
Who is going to be the first to be hit by a train ?

I ask this , all this talk and who really gives a damn ?
The company will do what it wants , to who and when
regardless of what we have to say. We are just a number
and have no value to the company. If you don't like just
please move on.....

:duh:This is really getting discouraging............