FedEx Freight | 30 Seconds

I have sent an email to Larry Miller concerning this idle shutdown. Has anybody else done the same? If so, what was the response? I will let you guys know what he says.

Can't we all just get along?

why don't we all just sit down one day and refuse to drive?
really why don't we?
if a sales team stops selling they will just have us do it!..... oh wait we already do that!
we already load and unload!
we already do 90% of the paper work and they just redo it again , and again!
we could just collect on every delivery.

or we could just sit down! who is going to drive all those truck if we don't?

:hide::hide::hide::hide:

Some real egg-head accountant had to show someone, look... we can save $.035 per thousand gallons of fuel for every 10 seconds we don't idle. It's all in the numbers!!!! He's probably the same braniac that tells you to never pay off your mortgage because you lose a tax write-off. Let's see, pay $10,000 to save $1,000.
I do wonder if this had anything to do with the "no idle" laws going up everywhere for big trucks. Even so, I'd love to do that to the biggie wiggies' cars and see if they could deal with that aggravation. I think we know the answer to that.

Can you imagine the crying towels the company would go through if the sales staff had to sit in a non air conditioned car and talk to their wife or girlfriends all afternoon. You could water the lawn with the tears:biglaugh:

Can't we all just get along?

why don't we all just sit down one day and refuse to drive?
really why don't we?
if a sales team stops selling they will just have us do it!..... oh wait we already do that!
we already load and unload!
we already do 90% of the paper work and they just redo it again , and again!
we could just collect on every delivery.

or we could just sit down! who is going to drive all those truck if we don't?

:hide::hide::hide::hide:

All of the thousands of driver applications on the internet, that's who!! We could bring this up at the next contract.....Oh wait, that's right we don't have one... Well I guess we just keep on putting up with this crap. Work hard drivers or quit.

larry said deal with it you pile of sht truck driver you all mean nothing to me and if you don't like it quit.besides all that fuel i save goes into my yacht generator to keep my air on for my dog who means more to me than any scumbag driver ever will.

just kidding he would never say that but you know he is thinking it!

larry said deal with it you pile of sht truck driver you all mean nothing to me and if you don't like it quit.besides all that fuel i save goes into my yacht generator to keep my air on for my dog who means more to me than any scumbag driver ever will.

Hmmmm.........
Is that the way it is...

my city driver and I just keep giving it gas every 5 to 10 seconds when we are at a stop.I already see a decease in mpg I wonder how long til they see it. the brain child of this will be out on the street before long lol

Desk Idiot.......

:duh:When you and I (driver's) backbone of the company think of a good idea and mention it to management,were either ignored,or told to come back in a couple of day's and we'll discuss it,and when those couple of day's are here were told were to busy right now.

But when some -uckin idiot sittin behind a desk suggest's something,Management jump's all over it,go figure.:chairshot:

Seems that when Tractor comes back from service you have 30 second idle time. Waiting for a stop light truck shuts off. Waiting to pull out in traffic truck shuts off. Backing in at an idle truck shuts off. What arm chair Quaterback thought this one out.What are you saving??? Do the same to all company cars and see where that would go. It is time to stop with the stupid stuff and be smart about the decision's you make. This sounds like when all the glad hands on trailers were turned.

This fuel conservre conceipt should only kick in if the tractor parking brake is set. dave

"Maybe the next step for the company would be to have the driver pay for 20% of the fuel to run the truck."[/QUOTE]

"Think of it as a copay to keep your job."[/QUOTE]

In a 4$+ per gallon fuel get used to it. dave

The funny thing about all of this to me is national trucks don't have a timer. Atleast in my area. They took our old reclass tractors and turned off the timer. It doesn't matter what the temp is outside everytime I see one of their tractors it is idling. I thought they were supposed to be a division of fxf?? I asked my CCM and he said they are their own opco so they do what they want but they will be going to the 1 minute timer as well

I just drove my first daycab fresh out of the shop and they started turning our idle up feature off at FXNL Kansas City. They claim it will only be the daycabs and not the sleepers. The mechanic also told me all of them would be turned back on in the late fall for winter.

It didn't help that I had to sit in Brooklyn IA for 2 hours waiting on my meet man on an 85 degree Iowa night.

I'm curious as to how much more they will spend on starters now that we have to crank the truck about 7 more times every time we hook a set.:1036316054: