Yellow | 309 or 301 (Chicagos finest here)

The debate over what or where is still going on. The B A from705 says it's still rumors but he has seen work beeing done at 301.

There is a lot of work to be done at 301. Thanks to the dumbass that shut the water off in January and never drained the pipes.
To me what's the differents one terminal is the same as the other except maybe lighting parking. I have NO loyalty for Yellow or Roadway or Yrc I just work there because it fits my lifestyle ... at 15% less now.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

How many doors at 309? How many at 301?
What's the difference in yard space?
Who has the bigger shop?
Which one is more centrally located to the major highways/ Rail yards?
These should be the questions asked, Not "Is it a Roadway or Yellow terminal"
Who cares about that? We are YRC now.

Paininda, the pipes were not drained because the other person in charge at the time, did everything he could to destroy any chances to going back there. The wiring was torn out, and the generator was found in a farm field in Kankakee, IL. I drove past Harlem Ave., yesterday. I saw the contractors putting up the solar panels on top of the main dock. 301 will be the first YRC terminal to go GREEN, using cleaner energy in the day time. YRC will be depending on the (Yellow) sun/solar power for energy. To me that is a positive, and it makes sense, for once.

Na somebody must have bought it, YRC would just move in without water and electric, the F/L have headlights right?

Who has the bigger shop?
I've seen your postings here before. I point this out because you surely have read the other threads with similar thoughts. 309 has more doors and bigger shop, also NO tolls to get there. I don't think there are as many dockmen who post here as there are drivers, but I am curious to see whether dockmen feel that 309 is the superior choice. Most heratige Big R drivers like 309, most heritage Yellow drivers like 301. For me it make for a longer commute, however it would result in an increase in money as relocating to 301 would increase the paid miles on my bid destination.

The people living in Indiana have less taxes and cheaper gas prices than the people living in Illinois. Oh yeah, and watch out for the so-called new safety guy that YRC/309 has driving around Chicago land area, harrassing drivers about safety and where they take their breaks.

301 has a bigger shop, enclosed fuel lanes, more yard space , a few less dock doors on the road side but they are all on the same dock. If you include the cityside, more dock space and much larger yard. Closer to the rails, and major roads, and you won't get shot trying to get a sandwich , for lunch.

I've seen your postings here before. I point this out because you surely have read the other threads with similar thoughts. 309 has more doors and bigger shop, also NO tolls to get there. I don't think there are as many dockmen who post here as there are drivers, but I am curious to see whether dockmen feel that 309 is the superior choice. Most heratige Big R drivers like 309, most heritage Yellow drivers like 301. For me it make for a longer commute, however it would result in an increase in money as relocating to 301 would increase the paid miles on my bid destination.
Albag, YRC has to be 20% closer to their customers, and YRC/309 isn't, but 301 is. Here is an example.

YouTube - YRC - Be confident. It's a YRC delivery.

We had porta-potties at 218 for about 2 weeks when there was an issue with the main water pipe coming in and we were using our headlights on the forklifts when the power kept going on and off for unknown reasons a few months ago. At least the porta-potties had Purell inside them and little water sinks beside them.

Who has the bigger shop?
Ask Rich G. , he's worked at both terminals . I think I know whats better hands down.

This morning I saw them towing all of the equipment out of the Ridge. Now Chicago Heights ( The Savior Terminal of YRC) is being spruced up with newly painted yellow lines!!!