XPO | 33 foottrailers.

Frogger10

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anybody heard that con-way is going to start using longer trailers. A couple of people are going to DC next week to try to get them to let companies use them. Them our terminal boss said they already have about a 100 built. If you know someone from the trailer company you could ask them.

Has anybody heard that con-way is going to start using longer trailers. A couple of people are going to DC next week to try to get them to let companies use them. Them our terminal boss said they already have about a 100 built. If you know someone from the trailer company you could ask them.

Not just Con-way. Several of the LTLs are in on this. I have pulled one. They do exist. Without hooks or lines so that no one mistakenly makes a set with them. It had a weird number as well.

the old 32ft pups most companies had were for city deliveries and were called Jitterbugs ! They have been fighting for years to increase the size of pups to 33ft and have not been able to get anywhere. They might get approved for the west and south west, they already use 57/58 ft. trailers intrastate in Tx.

the old 32ft pups most companies had were for city deliveries and were called Jitterbugs ! They have been fighting for years to increase the size of pups to 33ft and have not been able to get anywhere. They might get approved for the west and south west, they already use 57/58 ft. trailers intrastate in Tx.

They are pushing pretty hard. Another ten foot total vehicle length. No big deal. Wouldn't really effect to much. Not talking Rocky Mountain doubles or anything. Will it still be 80k total weight ? That's the big question. Another one is will they try to run trips with 33s ? Should be interesting.

Fed ex has been pushing this hard. RSI does have a small pool of them ready to go. Three will exceed the triples length out west, in a set they would be fine. Could run Rockies too.... As has been said, new 33 liftgates were put out this year and last year.

I read a article a few months ago that said they wanted to be a able to do 92k with the 33' trailers and a 3 axle truck.

That would make sense with training wheels. But our fleet is all single axle. Would it be worth it if you had to replace the fleet too ?

This all passed appropriations. So far the bill keeps the longer heavier trailers and scraps the recent hour of service reductions. Including the two periods of rest between 1 am and 5 am stuff. Only out of appropriations, still needs approved by the House and then the Senate. And changes can happen along the way. Almost $20 million in lobbying money spent so far. They will likely be reaching deep into our pockets to pay for these changes to stick.

Not talking about lift gates.

The ones I have seen and pulled are cleverly marked 433-xxxx. 33 for 33 foot ? right ?
I was responding to your response to the guy who said we have 33 foot liftgates. You know, when you were being a smart ass and said "who is we?". I just thought I could help clarify who WE are on the Con-Way board.

I was responding to your response to the guy who said we have 33 foot liftgates. You know, when you were being a smart ass and said "who is we?". I just thought I could help clarify who WE are on the Con-Way board.

I wasn't being a smart ass at all. I asked believing he would identify who he works for. I don't think it's Con-way. But it could be. He posts about once a year. So it might be a while for him to get back to us. Not sure. That's why I asked.

Are the wuss bunnies going to be able to slide the tandems all the way up? I get a kick out of some our jokers that have to slide all the way up on a 48.
If a guy has an easier time getting around town with them slid up, then why not? There is no shame in doing what works best for you. Unless you feel like more of a man with the tandems all the way at the back.
And the 33 foot trailers are a single axle so I am not sure why you brought up sliding tandems anyway.

Are the wuss bunnies going to be able to slide the tandems all the way up? I get a kick out of some our jokers that have to slide all the way up on a 48.
Oh so sorry if I offended any one by calling them a w**S b****I I guess we have to be civilized human beings here or the higher powers from above will censored our freedom of speech! I was banned for a few days for my rudeness. Kind of reminds me of my job, Watch what you say or you could be on the chopping block. Trust conway you are in good hands with conway