FedEx Freight | 34 Hour Restart Provision to be Suspended

Well there ya go!!! Guess I am going to have to get suzies number so I can call her at 2am when I do my coloring book and ask her add this and subtract that and well now tbis and now that and when she says huh I will say you caused all this princess .. do you even know what a recap is or what a log book looks like?

AND if needed you will be able to.restart after 34 hrs with no limits to how many times a week you will be able to restart.
The 30 minute break WILL STAND.

The provision, commonly known as the Collins Amendment, would suspend the restrictions imposed on drivers using the 34-hour restart: requiring two periods between 1am and 5am and arbitrarily limiting the use of the restart to once per week. These restrictions – according to the government’s own limited study data push more trucks onto the roads in the early morning hours, statistically the riskiest time of day for crashes. FMCSA failed to consider this increased risk when making these changes and the Collins Amendment would suspend these changes until further research is conducted.

1am to 5am
The 2 1am to 5 am periods. AND the fact that ANYTIME you have
34hrs off you can RESET.Before you could only reset ONCE a week. But the rule requiring a 30 minute break at or before your 8th hour is.still on the books as I understand it.

Also heard they have done away with the DVIR books, you would only have to fill one out if you found a defect on a piece of equipment. Was also told that FedEx Freight will continue to use the DVIR books until they can get the programs written and downloaded to our handhelds....then we would use the handhelds to write up those defects.

Also heard they have done away with the DVIR books, you would only have to fill one out if you found a defect on a piece of equipment. Was also told that FedEx Freight will continue to use the DVIR books until they can get the programs written and downloaded to our handhelds....then we would use the handhelds to write up those defects.
Looks like we'll be using DVIR books for a long, long time.

Would also love to see an exemption to the 30 min lunch rule for regional, short haul, LTL carriers such as FedEx Freight....considering almost all of us are home every day/night with weekends off and are usually well rested, I personally don't think it should be required but rather optional.