34 viewing

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
You all should join and post up, you will learn alot more that way. Being looky loos will only getcha half the story! Join, ask questions, I will personally answer them!

You all should join and post up, you will learn alot more that way. Being looky loos will only getcha half the story! Join, ask questions, I will personally answer them!

Out of the 34:
10 are the NSA
20 are Sysco management
3 are web spiders
1 is you
lol

I DO have a question. This i've wondered about for a while now. I can usally figure things out on my own or by observing other people; but I will ask my question...

Ok, I go to PFG or Glaziers..or whomever..(Sysco was moved to our Garland service area 'thankfully')..but anyways, why is it when I go, there are always a LOT of dollies chained up to the fence or whereever?? Obviously these are used to do your job..but i'm there in the mornings and they are always change up, and such. And BTW, these are the good dollies with brakes and stuff..i mean wow, anyways..when do you use them? are the routes at night? or so early in the mornings that they are back and chained up by 9 or 10 in the morning? hey, just wondering..I don't know much about food service..except they want you to sort and segregate..that's always fun..especially in the reefer at PFG or UNFI..Thanks everybody.

How many gallons will a reefer burn in 7 minutes running in defrost mode?

Guardrail
No idea.....

I DO have a question. This i've wondered about for a while now. I can usally figure things out on my own or by observing other people; but I will ask my question...

Ok, I go to PFG or Glaziers..or whomever..(Sysco was moved to our Garland service area 'thankfully')..but anyways, why is it when I go, there are always a LOT of dollies chained up to the fence or whereever?? Obviously these are used to do your job..but i'm there in the mornings and they are always change up, and such. And BTW, these are the good dollies with brakes and stuff..i mean wow, anyways..when do you use them? are the routes at night? or so early in the mornings that they are back and chained up by 9 or 10 in the morning? hey, just wondering..I don't know much about food service..except they want you to sort and segregate..that's always fun..especially in the reefer at PFG or UNFI..Thanks everybody.

Here, we are required to lock our 2 wheelers, that prevents dummies from taking what don't belong to them, as for so many being locked up...IDK, maybe that was a light day or they have alot of Key Drop routes, drivers start at 2200 to midnight and were already done, IDK how Dallas works, alot of guys are off on any given day as well.

No idea.....

Here, we are required to lock our 2 wheelers, that prevents dummies from taking what don't belong to them, as for so many being locked up...IDK, maybe that was a light day or they have alot of Key Drop routes, drivers start at 2200 to midnight and were already done, IDK how Dallas works, alot of guys are off on any given day as well.
The 2200 start is probably the reason..I didn't realize you folks started that early.

The 2200 start is probably the reason..I didn't realize you folks started that early.

We have alot of places that don't want to see us, they want us to unlock, disable the alarm, deliver and be gone, that way when their people get in they can put the groceries away and be done with it, we have many stops like that, alot are really high volume, they don't have time to deal with us at 0900 when they are in prep.

We have alot of places that don't want to see us, they want us to unlock, disable the alarm, deliver and be gone, that way when their people get in they can put the groceries away and be done with it, we have many stops like that, alot are really high volume, they don't have time to deal with us at 0900 when they are in prep.

I didn't know that. Thanks gt