FedEx Freight | 346 positions affected. Post the details from your barn here.

We came out about even in CMH, but we lost quite a few miles on they replaced..... At least everyone here gets to keep their job (till next time).

Let's clear the air here. I'm not a union drum beater and the original post that "Roogie" posted that I cannot agree on fully....."OUR DO SOMETHING IS DONE BY VOTING WITH OUR FEET.....WE USE THEM TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE". Yeah we can go somewhere else....but that's the problem...we're not putting up a fight. Like I said b4 the morale & principle is terrible around here these days. U can't get a damn word out of nobody on Ch.4 these days or on 19. We've got ppl that work the patio at hubs that don't talk to each other and better yet they run down the same lane to & from. There's nothing but frowned up faces at this joint. Hell then when u do get suspended for something the group of drivers that are below u on the board be rooting for your a$$ to get fired so they can bump up one on the board......and these are the same ones that act like they're cool with when around. And just like that post that was started today "IS IT TIME NOW?"....yeah it's time of course. But we don't need no representation from no crooked organization to do so. Membership is declining over there but top heads & stewards are still getting raises...That doesn't add up to me. I understand where the fella is coming from that started that post. It sounds like he/she just wants that organization for representation over here for a better bargaining agreement at the table on these "life threatening" C.O.O's every year among which the P.T's & Rail are gaining. Just like u said Matt "BUT GOOD QUALITY DRIVERS ARE AN INVESTMENT AND SHOULD BE TREATED SO"....you're damn skippy! When they eliminated FT dock with benefits and replaced them with PT dock with no benefits that's when it went to hell. Who were we hiring?.....kids who didn't give a hell about how to load trailers according to weight with damaged freight. They were just here to collect a check. They didn't have nothing to lose being fired. But we see it bit the company in the a$$ and they had to re-up and give them something to think about b4 now b4 they screw up now(benefits pkg). Our wages are competitive but with the $$$ that this company makes.....even with a heavy loss in whatever quarter...our wages should be way better....not only for drivers but everybody! Shop techs, road drivers, city drivers, dock hands....etc...etc
Man you don't have clue when it comes to the Teamsters union!First off you say the union is crooked.Wrong!Years ago they were but that's no longer true because they have a committee called the (IRB) independent review board along with a sitting judge to monitor any wrong doing any of the locals and to be dealt with accordingly.A steward is not a paid position so I don't know we're the raises would come from your talking about.Ok now you can remove your foot from your mouth.Lesson over for today!

Man you don't have clue when it comes to the Teamsters union!First off you say the union is crooked.Wrong!Years ago they were but that's no longer true because they have a committee called the (IRB) independent review board along with a sitting judge to monitor any wrong doing any of the locals and to be dealt with accordingly.A steward is not a paid position so I don't know we're the raises would come from your talking about.Ok now you can remove your foot from your mouth.Lesson over for today!

Oh wow! Guys, we no longer have to worry about the the union being full of a bunch of crooks. Lets all just call our closest Teamster and sign right up. AkitaDog just told us all we need to know.

Thanks for the lesson man. You showed us.

:bowdown:
Oh wow! Guys, we no longer have to worry about the the union being full of a bunch of crooks. Lets all just call our closest Teamster and sign right up. AkitaDog just told us all we need to know.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it.Of course you could always add a little purple cool aid to it then you might have a chance.:bowdown:

sarcasm = red shirt

I'll admit the Teamsters have cleaned up but what makes anyone think
that the Teamsters OR Fed Ex does not have corrupt people making
decisions that only better themselves and not looking out for the people
that keep the monster on it's feet.

Well I'll tell u this chief. I'll man up and admit I made a mistake as far as the stewards go. I'm not perfect. This is what I like! Enlighten me! That's what I'm here for. For the record, you'll never catch me with my foot in my mouth son. I'll always admit my wrong doings. I just love how u Teamster reps get a kick out of justifying something about you alls organization. Makes u feel proud....don't it!? Makes u feel proud that your membership keep declining for your organization but what's ironic top reps for the organization have seen up to if not a 40% wage increase over the yrs of the declining membership. Or was that not in one of our past news letters. Correct me if I'm wrong! A (IRB) and a sitting judge....and they monitor any wrong doings of the locals.......dude give me a break. Like they aren't plugged in to keep their head turned the other way when the wrong doings occur......especially that crooked a$$ judge!............NEXT!!!!!!!!!

I heard most of the runs cut @ IND were Terra Haute. Luckily we didn't lose anything at my barn

Terre Haute and Indy are 2 different animals. Indy lost 21 total bids and I think it is 13-16 runs. Mainly CGT to IND and IND to points south. CLT, and ATL meets mainly. TER on the other hand took a screwing as bad or worse than IND. Not sure exactly what it is for them though.

I don't about you guys but don't it seem that we have gone in a complete circle from now to back before the merger with national. If the company goal was to put all this freight on the rail why didn't they do it back then?

Being a publicly traded company they probably did the slow burn to "look good" for PR reasons...possibly?

Take advice from someone who has been right where you are at Fed Ex. If you've been told you can take voluntary layoff for six months and wait for another position. Don't bother take the money and move on. There are companies out there looking for experienced drivers with good records.Don't let these greedy b@#*&%#$ beat you down, don't grovel and put yourself at they're mercy. Hold your head high and look at this as an opportunity. It's a chance for you to do something you were not planning on doing,like finding a new job. Chances are It'll turn out better than you thought. I know I am way happier now than I was at Fed Ex, always wondering when the hammer was going to drop. So here it is, the moment you've been dreading. If you hang on for the layoff the likelyhood of being called back are very slim. Who would want to go back,they treat us like property that can be put on a shelf. The best thing to do is walk away. If I had went back after my layoff period, they did call me by the way and I didn't go back, I would be getting laid off again!!!!! So do yourself and your family a favor and start filling out some aps and doing interviews there are jobs out there for you go find them.

sarcasm = red shirt

Red shirt you say. I've never heard of those around these parts.

sarcasm = red shirt

Looks like things are going down the crapper fo you without the union. You could try going union, no promisesit won't continue the way it's going. Or you can stay the course, that's certainly your right, and be certain the drain circling continues.

I can understand the concern of those who don't want the union. I used to be a member of one of the most corrupt locals in the country out of Chicago back in the 80's. I admit I'm on the fence. We all can see what happened to YRC and the rest of the unionized ltl carriers. Can someone explain to me how it is that UPS isn't going down the same union toilet ? Before you tell me that the working conditions are horrible and there is an adversarial relationship between mgmt. and employees take a look a look around. Every other thread here is about some hump that's been wronged by a red shirt or manager. UPS just approved a new 5 year contract with raises, more full time jobs and no co pay health insurance. Their stock price is in the 85.00 a share range.They burn the same diesel and jet fuel and bump the same docks that we do. Am I wrong or don't they do the exact same thing we do ? How is it they don't seem to be affected by a greedy union ? Union or no union I think Fedex can afford to up the hourly pay as a start.

I heard from a redshirt last night, it only costs $1500 for each trailer on the rail from Harrisburg,PA to the west coast. How are we ever supposed to compete against that.... It's the only way they can make a profit on Economy freight.

I can understand the concern of those who don't want the union. I used to be a member of one of the most corrupt locals in the country out of Chicago back in the 80's. I admit I'm on the fence. We all can see what happened to YRC and the rest of the unionized ltl carriers. Can someone explain to me how it is that UPS isn't going down the same union toilet ? Before you tell me that the working conditions are horrible and there is an adversarial relationship between mgmt. and employees take a look a look around. Every other thread here is about some hump that's been wronged by a red shirt or manager. UPS just approved a new 5 year contract with raises, more full time jobs and no co pay health insurance. Their stock price is in the 85.00 a share range.They burn the same diesel and jet fuel and bump the same docks that we do. Am I wrong or don't they do the exact same thing we do ? How is it they don't seem to be affected by a greedy union ? Union or no union I think Fedex can afford to up the hourly pay as a start.
well when you get ***** on shipping a small box, thats how they make money..So just think of dollar signs when you set a set of ups package doubles or triples..And UPS is my far the largest intermodal user

I heard from a redshirt last night, it only costs $1500 for each trailer on the rail from Harrisburg,PA to the west coast. How are we ever supposed to compete against that.... It's the only way they can make a profit on Economy freight.

then again...union rail...imagine a strike...hmmmm...then what.....:hide: