FedEx Freight | 346 positions affected. Post the details from your barn here.

well when you get ***** on shipping a small box, thats how they make money..So just think of dollar signs when you set a set of ups package doubles or triples..And UPS is my far the largest intermodal user

I just had 3 boxes or packages as you say shipped from my daughter's school back to the house and I can tell you we ain't exactly going broke.

oh yeah...One more thing before I start my vacation in the morning. I personally think that they should start the lay off's with the people that voted for Obama. starting with management on down. And I do NOT apologize for that comment. :wtflol:...they blame it on the economy and say well who in the blue blazed created it...oh wait Bush?....he's been gone for 4 years...:chairshot:. The definition of crazy is doin the same thing over and over again expecting a different result....you just can't fix stupid. :usa2:

Hgr lost 18 runs. All down the turnpike out west to Ohio. Tol, ind, etc. They are being re routed through nhs.said it was because they will save money from not using the tolls. Just so happens nhs is .7 miles from the rail. Hmmm. Hgr is gaining a few runs from the south but all and all losing 18 runs. Also losing 15 dock workers, 9 supervisors and 1 OM.

STL is losing 23 road positions!! And I'm one of them! I might have a chance to transfer to Louisville ky.. Any thoughts are appreciated...
Sorry to hear that you are about to be out of a job---wouldn't wish that on anybody. Did you recently transfer to road from the city? Maybe you should call yourself Kast out now instead:(

In Hgr they are supposedly hiring more city drivers even though they just got rid of all those road drivers... Maybe people to shuttle to the rails?

Sorry to hear that you are about to be out of a job---wouldn't wish that on anybody. Did you recently transfer to road from the city? Maybe you should call yourself Kast out now instead:(

If I had stayed in KCY, I'd be on the bubble with a hire date of June 2008. Remember, layoffs are by company not job class seniority.

Guardrail

If I had stayed in KCY, I'd be on the bubble with a hire date of June 2008. Remember, layoffs are by company not job class seniority.

Guardrail

Not really, I am seeing people with MORE company seniority being on the bubble and have a person with less company but more job class seniority get to stay. Not right at all but thats how they wish to ruin peoples life.

Not really, I am seeing people with MORE company seniority being on the bubble and have a person with less company but more job class seniority get to stay. Not right at all but thats how they wish to ruin peoples life.

Layoffs are by Co.seniority, period!!!

If you're a road driver, they don't look at where you are on the job class seniority list. They go by your hire date.

It goes by company seniority in your job class. It is possible for someone with less company time on the city board to be allowed to stay when someone with more company time on the road board is laid off.

Guardrail

Feel terrible for everyone getting screwed. At first I hated the thought of being stuck in a small service center with no possibility of a daytime run ever. I guess I am lucky however as the area seems to continue to grow and really no other means to move the freight other than us guys stuck on nights forever. Good luck to all that are displaced.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

For all you guys who are going through this mess all over again I am truly sorry....I went through this myself 4 years ago and know what you are going through. My dad died not 3 days before I had to be at the new service center and you can imagine what this felt like. We were told 6 months ago that mr smith stated we need to show another profit margin in the next 3 years of cant quite remember how many millions of dollars and fedex will do this no matter how many families they displace or how many will lose their jobs. How can they preach "people first" when obviously the powers that be every 3 years force men to other centers or pull the rug out from under them. I saw the writing on the wall after 2 years of this crap and transferred back into the city where I still am and yes I do miss the money I made on the road. But I am sure that as long as I stay in the city,show up on time,work hard and keep incidents to a minimum, I'll still have a job next year. If I could go back to the road and know I would never have to worry about what some of you are putting up with now, I would. Unfortunately fedex is all about the profits as all other carriers are. My heart goes out to each and every one of you at this troubling time.

For all you guys who are going through this mess all over again I am truly sorry....I went through this myself 4 years ago and know what you are going through. My dad died not 3 days before I had to be at the new service center and you can imagine what this felt like. We were told 6 months ago that mr smith stated we need to show another profit margin in the next 3 years of cant quite remember how many millions of dollars and fedex will do this no matter how many families they displace or how many will lose their jobs. How can they preach "people first" when obviously the powers that be every 3 years force men to other centers or pull the rug out from under them. I saw the writing on the wall after 2 years of this crap and transferred back into the city where I still am and yes I do miss the money I made on the road. But I am sure that as long as I stay in the city,show up on time,work hard and keep incidents to a minimum, I'll still have a job next year. If I could go back to the road and know I would never have to worry about what some of you are putting up with now, I would. Unfortunately fedex is all about the profits as all other carriers are. My heart goes out to each and every one of you at this troubling time.

One thing to remember Hooty

When Fedex bought AF, they told them to keep the people first saying, didn't want any part of that.

After reading all these post, should i attend the FXF Driver Development Course in ATL or look for another company? My home terminal will be in Madison,Al. I not sure what i should do now.
Would it be safe to ask the SCM at my terminal about my future with FXF?

If you feel that you can put up with bull**** for a year, might as well have them pay for your CDL's and get some experience. Then use that to get a real job....

If you feel that you can put up with bull**** for a year, might as well have them pay for your CDL's and get some experience. Then use that to get a real job....

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From what I have seen its almost always the hubs that keep getting messed with. Satellite centers almost seem to fly under the radar. LOL I know not all but from the ones that I have friends that work at.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From what I have seen its almost always the hubs that keep getting messed with. Satellite centers almost seem to fly under the radar. LOL I know not all but from the ones that I have friends that work at.

Exactly, its because a hub has so much freight coming through it that isn't local from customers in that area. Therefore it can be rerouted easily before it ever gets there. Service centers pretty much serve the local area so their drivers pretty much have to move it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2