Central Transport | .35 raise not really

t-bone5

TB Lurker
Credits
if you got the .35 raise for the 1 to 3 years, it will disapear after your next step-up, I had my raise for 2 weeks, 80*.35=$28, $28/40/52 = .0135 just over 1 penny per hour raise for this year

Yeah, I know. The guys at LVL are just learning this. Several guys have already applied for jobs at other companies because of this. I'm thinking about doing the same.

Has anybody else noticed that last years pay scale chart is still hanging up. That's because last years chart is the same as this years chart. Per Kelly in HR. That is, except for the 4 years and up.

This company has once again lied to us. Another example of David K and John H. at work.

This maybe the most underhanded thing that they have tried to perpetrate. Even after all the yelling about the pin-pay and how John told us that the way the took it was wrong. They went a head and pulled this stunt. I'm going the first opportunity. If The Good Humor Ice Cream offers me a job first. I'm there.

Anything is better than this.

yeah I asked about the pay scale and the top for after 3 years is still the same as last year but than we have guys that are making .35 more than the scale??

Yeah, they will be making 35 cent more. That is until their step increase on their anniversary. They get the step, but lose the 35 cents. So, the raise is only for a portion of the year.

Last year. I got a step increase and the cola. This year, got the cola then lost it when my step came a few weeks later. Trust me, if you thing you're going to get both. You're dreaming.

Just another example of this company looking out for its employees. **sarcasm**

Other companies are hiring. I'd suggest you all calculate what's in your best interest.

I know I'm doing that right now.

Good Luck.

Wrong. If your next step is to full scale, then you don't get it. You have to be at full scale already to enjoy the "vote no union" pay increase. You, like the rest of us get the shaft.

saia is hiring

Yeah, they will be making 35 cent more. That is until their step increase on their anniversary. They get the step, but lose the 35 cents. So, the raise is only for a portion of the year.

Last year. I got a step increase and the cola. This year, got the cola then lost it when my step came a few weeks later. Trust me, if you thing you're going to get both. You're dreaming.

Just another example of this company looking out for its employees. **sarcasm**

Other companies are hiring. I'd suggest you all calculate what's in your best interest.

I know I'm doing that right now.

Good Luck.

saia is hiring and pays good looking for good men apply today!

Yeah, I know. The guys at LVL are just learning this. Several guys have already applied for jobs at other companies because of this. I'm thinking about doing the same.

Has anybody else noticed that last years pay scale chart is still hanging up. That's because last years chart is the same as this years chart. Per Kelly in HR. That is, except for the 4 years and up.

This company has once again lied to us. Another example of David K and John H. at work.

This maybe the most underhanded thing that they have tried to perpetrate. Even after all the yelling about the pin-pay and how John told us that the way the took it was wrong. They went a head and pulled this stunt. I'm going the first opportunity. If The Good Humor Ice Cream offers me a job first. I'm there.

Anything is better than this.

Well sandbox still here I see!

I'm not in the position to be able to leave yet. I'm waiting for one specific company to start hiring. Then, adios.

I'm not in the position to be able to leave yet. I'm waiting for one specific company to start hiring. Then, adios.
i just left pjax a month ago to go work for olddomnion and iam glad i did,have no regrets only wish i would have done it ten yrs ago

Well good luck to both of you & I do mean it not being funny w/that. You have to look out for you & yours first & foremost.Some have a higher tolerance,some are just to thick headed.I've started out 3 times at the bottom w/ this here company,been here 8 yrs.........just don't want to start over @ the bottom all over again @ a different company & work my way up the seniority list again. Because if there is 1 thing I've learned here,is the only thing that changes between LTL companies is the color of the truck.:funky:

...and the payscale, benefits, etc.

I get what you're saying, though. No job is perfect, and no career is without it's up and downs.

I'm at the point where, I'm still near the bottom, and with two years in, I won't be losing money going to the "dream" job I'm waiting on. I'll lose my start time and seniority but I'll gain hourly pay and be attached to company with a history of growth and stability....which is hard to find. I have yet to cross that bridge, it'll be hard to do. I've really grown to like the guys I work with, drivers and office. Tough call.

That's where I'm at.

it was very hard for me to do,i worked for pjax for ten yrs,made alot of friends and i cried my last day but this is the best descion i have ever made its like a breath of fresh air

...and the payscale, benefits, etc.

I get what you're saying, though. No job is perfect, and no career is without it's up and downs.

I'm at the point where, I'm still near the bottom, and with two years in, I won't be losing money going to the "dream" job I'm waiting on. I'll lose my start time and seniority but I'll gain hourly pay and be attached to company with a history of growth and stability....which is hard to find. I have yet to cross that bridge, it'll be hard to do. I've really grown to like the guys I work with, drivers and office. Tough call.

That's where I'm at.

Just remember this is the LTL freight business (a dog eat dog business) buy or be bought, which for the most was idle for a long time until the past few years has kindle the flaming terd up once again!::flame: :horse: