FedEx Freight | 350 mile transfer

lowcoe

TB Lurker
Credits
Would you believe that Benson Az drivers were only given the opportunity to transfer to Holbrook Az because Fedex has been unable to get enough drivers to accept positions in Holbrook cause it is the armpit of the world. El Paso drivers are given the opportunity to transfer to Phoenix, Tucson, Albuquerqe, and several others.That is how Fedex takes care of their drivers. They knew Benson was only temporary but they let us come here anyway. I was proud of working at Fedex and wearing a uniform and looking professional but now I wish I would have never had anything to do with them. They need to be sued and you drivers should get the union in cause many of these rotten tactics would have never happened.:17113:

That's the problem with a relay yard, following the freight becomes a little tougher. Your freight must be going to Holbrook AZ for you to follow.

I've always said, "My loyalty to this company is tied directly to my bank account."

sorry u r so unhappy but fedex does what it needs to to make money. I was affected the last c.o.o. but u dont see me crying the blues. either transfer or quite your choice. as for the union they can't stop anything look at yrc, abf, get a damm clue.

Fedex National transferred 30 drivers. 15 out of Albuquerque NM and 15 out of Lordsburg NM to Benson AZ to start up a relay point when they were getting rid of the sleeper division. Benson is 45 miles east of Tucson AZ. Not exactly paradise. This happen last January. Now they are shutting down the relays and the drivers get to transfer to Holbrook Az, 350 miles north of Benson, and a bigger hole in the wall. The wives must be going crazy. Kids in school?, buy a house?. Maybe now you can understand why the Benson drivers are unhappy campers. TP

Fedex National transferred 30 drivers. 15 out of Albuquerque NM and 15 out of Lordsburg NM to Benson AZ to start up a relay point when they were getting rid of the sleeper division. Benson is 45 miles east of Tucson AZ. Not exactly paradise. This happen last January. Now they are shutting down the relays and the drivers get to transfer to Holbrook Az, 350 miles north of Benson, and a bigger hole in the wall. The wives must be going crazy. Kids in school?, buy a house?. Maybe now you can understand why the Benson drivers are unhappy campers. TP

Man, my sister used to live in that neck of the woods (Benson).......went to visit her one Christmas. I've never seen more nothing in my life......it was like something out of a bad movie about the end of the world. Ever seen the Book of Eli?? That's about what you're looking at.

For those that have never been out that way do a google street view of Holbrook, AZ. Dry and Dusty

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you believe that Benson Az drivers were only given the opportunity to transfer to Holbrook Az because Fedex has been unable to get enough drivers to accept positions in Holbrook cause it is the armpit of the world. El Paso drivers are given the opportunity to transfer to Phoenix, Tucson, Albuquerqe, and several others.That is how Fedex takes care of their drivers. They knew Benson was only temporary but they let us come here anyway. I was proud of working at Fedex and wearing a uniform and looking professional but now I wish I would have never had anything to do with them. They need to be sued and you drivers should get the union in cause many of these rotten tactics would have never happened.:17113:

Lowcoe, I have a question..... Do you get to keep your bid seniority the same as your company seniority or are they telling you because you transferred to Benson that your New Bid seniority in the date of your transfer to Benson.

They told us our bid Seniority is tied to the transfer date to Benson. March 8, 2010. Sure good to know I threw away several years with Watkins/ Fed Ex to be brought out here only to see bid seniority go away. Would have been nice to know that Job classification rule before we all transferred. The lack of information and changing the rules on National drivers is what stinks. Now the say "Trust us, Holbrook will last" How on earth could any of us that lost bid seniority because we transferred around the country for the benefit of Fed Ex now ever trust them again? I am leaving the traveling circus. It has been tough on me, and tougher on my family. I wish everyone the best, and I hope it works out for you all. Take care

Crazy Hair

Lowcoe, I have a question..... Do you get to keep your bid seniority the same as your company seniority or are they telling you because you transferred to Benson that your New Bid seniority in the date of your transfer to Benson.

ls57racer :1036316054:

Sounds to me that if these Benson drivers transfered in from Albuquerque and Lordsburg it was done as a change of operation and they should have kept their original seniority.
Now they are moving to Holbrook again in a change of operation and they should keep their seniority and blend in with any Freight drivers seniority that is already in Holbrook.
Sounds to me that some folks will have to learn how to drive in snow and ice, whereas in Benson it is always 120 degrees in the shade.

:guiness:

Our new seniority starts on mar 2010, instead of when we were hired on, most of us would be near the bottom and since most of us came in march. they use the last two of our id for preference. people with 11 or 12 years that have numbers in the high 90s would be on the extra board. some of us with smaller numbers would get good runs.

We in Sidney same thing. We started this relay yard jan 09 and we were told by Ted & Jon back then that if for any reason this yard closed we would get our seniority back (dovetail) if we had to go back
to Denver. NO we didn't. HR in KC told me its more a merger than a closeing. I told him no its not this yard is being closed being moved back 160 miles and FXNL drivers in Denver have prioity over us. Why.
No I didn't get a good answer. Seeing this it looks like the men and women that uprooted thier familys to go to a relay yard are the ones taking the short end. Drivers in MHI just a warning that you
guys could go by way of whats happen to all the rest of the relay yards. What gets me is that drivers that had to transfer at the take over of Watkins ( I'M HAPPY FOR THE DRIVERS SOME OUR MY FRIENDS)
are still carrying their line haul seniority from where they came. Now why are they doing this to the drivers that started relay yards such as Benson when by the time they opened
that one they knew all to well they were going to close it. If this was a mom and pop company maybe not but Fedex is way past that and they knew thier plans.

Last edited by a moderator: