Yellow | .36 c.p.m.

Skinnytrucker

TB Regular
Credits
I was thinking after this coo is over there will be terminals that do not get enough men to transfer there and like always they will have to hire off the street so, I was thinking about resigning at the terminal I work at now and moving and rehiring as a linehaul driver at a new terminal until........I did the math. A new hire is paid 75% pay rate and you tack on an additional 10% cut then you start out at around .36 c.p.m. J.B. Hunt pays more than that. I think this co. will have a hard time hiring guys paying this while they sit around the house waiting on the phone to ring. You give a new hire at the bottom of the extra board a couple of 1500 mile weeks and guess what we have a revolving door. sad to see this LTL industry has gotten down to this.:shock:

yea, but just remember. 90% is better than nothin', I mean .36cpm is better than nothin'. Just being sarcastic. It is a sad state of affairs when you have a CDL with Haz-Mat (and all that you have to do to get it), great driving record and all of the responsibilities that come with this job and we can make no more than that!

this is really what they want.work you at reduced rate then get rid of you,no benefits,no nothing for company to worry about.

I was thinking after this coo is over there will be terminals that do not get enough men to transfer there and like always they will have to hire off the street so, I was thinking about resigning at the terminal I work at now and moving and rehiring as a linehaul driver at a new terminal until........I did the math. A new hire is paid 75% pay rate and you tack on an additional 10% cut then you start out at around .36 c.p.m. J.B. Hunt pays more than that. I think this co. will have a hard time hiring guys paying this while they sit around the house waiting on the phone to ring. You give a new hire at the bottom of the extra board a couple of 1500 mile weeks and guess what we have a revolving door. sad to see this LTL industry has gotten down to this.:shock:

I checked your math....road pay for a set of doubles right now in central region pays .569 cents per mile(CPM). The new contract was supposed to have a new hire start rate at 80%, then tach on the extra 10% from that comes to .409CPM, which is about standard for what JB and some others pay for experieced drivers.

why quit and rehire?

If you are laid off you can transfer under Art. 5.5 and carry your current rate of pay.

according to the language in the pay reduction that we as Teamsters voted in , New hires are at 70% for the first year, then 75% for the second year, then 85% for the third year, then full rate. That means that new hires will be starting at .3983/mile and $15.855/hour minus the 10% giveback or .35874/mile and 14.2695/hour

Can I interject something.....I though in the contract if you were a laid off NMFA teamster you could switch companies or job classification and start at 80%, maybe I'm wrong but I don't think you would start at 70%, only new hires off the street

I found this on TDU, not sure if it pertains to this discussion but here it is anyway

Ammendment to article 3 section 2

CDL-qualified employees hired into driving positions who are not currently on the
seniority list at an NMFA carrier and who for two (2) or more years regularly performed
CDL-required driving work for a commonly-owned NMFA carrier shall be compensated
at 90% of the full contract rate of pay for a period of one (1) year and go to the full
contractual rate thereafter, provided they have not had a break in service in excess of
three (3) years.

I found this on TDU, not sure if it pertains to this discussion but here it is anyway

Ammendment to article 3 section 2

CDL-qualified employees hired into driving positions who are not currently on the
seniority list at an NMFA carrier and who for two (2) or more years regularly performed
CDL-required driving work for a commonly-owned NMFA carrier shall be compensated
at 90% of the full contract rate of pay for a period of one (1) year and go to the full
contractual rate thereafter, provided they have not had a break in service in excess of
three (3) years.

Its actually 85%. I forgot, but anyways. That 90% is if you transfer to ABF or anyone else.