FedEx Freight | 38 years old

you will be just fine.besides the best thing that could happen to you is fedex say your to old because than you will be rich

I'm an old gear jammer driving a city route for UPS Freight.
I'll be 63 next month.
I did run into the age thing back in my old union days.
Back after deregulation in 1980,when the big three union LTL companies started discounting rates.
The big three at that time was Roadway,Yellow,and Consolidated Freightways.
All the rest of the union LTL's couldn't operate discounting rates,so they started going out of buisness.
I got caught up in those bad times in trucking history.
At the end of my union days I was along with many drivers trying to get another union driving job,after my union company went out in 1986.
I got my union card in 1966,so I had 20 years by then.
I was finding that because so many companies were closing up the remaining companies were hand picking who they wanted to hire on fultime.
They were all looking for the youngest drivers.
You had to be over 25 for insurance costs,and have at least 5 years driving a commercial truck for a living.
What a joke,I had no chance of getting on with any of them.
I hired on as a city driver for Overnite,now we are UPS Freight,that was over 20 years ago.
The bottom line in our industry is to have a good attitude,stay focused on doing what your company wants according to how they run their operation,and also be safety minded.
It doesn't matter how old,or young you are if you are well able to do the work,than your hired.

I started at 42 in 92. wondered why I had to so old to get smart. retorical question I got more answers of my own than you have bytes

Is 38 to old to start working at fxf? Will I be the old guy there?

Over on the National side, we've got two guys at our barn who are both 64. One started at Conway at age 43, put 20 years in and retired, then decided that he still wanted to drive. The other was a contractor who got bought out and became a company man.

I started when I was 19, but that was 15 years ago. You'll fit right in, we have all kinds of diversity pillars building the FedEx Freight house! :lol:

roog

Heck i am 56 and just got on with FXN been driving since 1976 oh gawd 30 yrs LOL 20 yrs hauling propane now doing rocking chair run. Been telling the other guys they no old enough to do a rocking chair run, Old as u feel

You're too old IF you think you are, but you would be, I guess, middle age at your age compared to us at FXFE.
Like another said in a previous posting, "You're a young whipper sanpper."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Col. 3:23 KJV - Look it up and practice it daily.