Central Transport | 3rd qtr results $10.1 mil loss

I really cant say too much on this, cuz we all knew it was coming. but when he says that " we still were going through a transition" with putting on new people in place, well b4 c.k came the freight was getting tore up, and to this day freight is getting tore up. here is an example. when 2 drums of corrosive gets shipped from the toledo barn to the jackson tn barn, and it is delivered a day late, and the total price with fuel surcharge is $78.00. maybe that is one big reason y we fell another 10million in the hole. I bet everyone on this vitran page that are team members grind their teeth when they see B.O.L. like that. and probley more then 3 times a day....... idk i think I am just going to retire from trucking boards. cuz I really dont have positive things to say about vitran lately. all I can say is I hope we turn it around. cuz even thou we have not seen any money in th epast 5 years. everyone at vitran has familys to feed and bills to pay. good luck everyone, we will all need alot of it

I wish we could see it broke down % wise, knowing we have had a loss in freight volume, but really wonder how much OS&D is in that figure. It got better for a few months after CK took over, but these last 3 months are just like it used to be

I know that I am always Vitran positive, but has anyone heard that the visionary was basically told to leave fed-ex or get terminated? Do not know if it is true, but that could explain why they left him go and why he is insistant on hiring all of their guys.

since c.k. has taken over, in only 2 quarters, he has lost almost 15 million dollars. i guess he likes to spends money lol before our loses were only about a million a quarter
I wish we could see it broke down % wise, knowing we have had a loss in freight volume, but really wonder how much OS&D is in that figure. It got better for a few months after CK took over, but these last 3 months are just like it used to be

I know that I am always Vitran positive, but has anyone heard that the visionary was basically told to leave fed-ex or get terminated? Do not know if it is true, but that could explain why they left him go and why he is insistant on hiring all of their guys.

Because he was their boss? He knew who got the job done, and who didn't? Although we now have a guy from (R&L or OD?) to take care of weights and inspections, but otherwise all came from FE as far as I know.

Because he was their boss? He knew who got the job done, and who didn't? Although we now have a guy from (R&L or OD?) to take care of weights and inspections, but otherwise all came from FE as far as I know.
only reason that it's not an FE employee in that position, is that guy was smart and did'nt jump ship. lol.

I have met 2 FE people who came over here to be TM's, and to put it simply, a few of our current TM's should be nervous

Like i have been saying over and over...Chris has to 2013 to right this ship...by the 3rd quarter if we are still losing money the share holders will pull the plug..THEY WILL SHUTDOWN THE U.S. So many of you guys think this cant happen, that it always happens to someone else.This is not a joke or me trying to drama it up..We will be in the bone yard on this site...And Vitran Canada will continue to thrive..They will sell off what assets they own and the U.S. will be no more..Thats why i keep preaching to you guys...Stay out of debt...Work on getting yourself debt free. Burned Bridges and too much debt will almost certainly doom this company...Customers dont trust us anymore not to destroy their freight...And that in itself is hard to recover from. Dont be blindsided if this company locks the gates and walks away, Its an up hill battle that may just be to much to overcome. Prepare yourself ....Dont be BLINDSIDED

Last edited by a moderator:
C.K. was aware that Fedex Ground was going to take over Fedex Freight and he would have been out of a job so he ran to Rick Gaetz. Fedex Freight has not performed well since 2008 and that is why their ground division has taken over their freight division. So, Vitran is being run by a bunch of Fedex Freight flunkies. "Hub and Spoke" = "Hub and Joke". Good luck gents, jump ship before your feet hit the ice water.