FedEx Freight | 4 1/2 hour wait.

Delay is paid 30 minutes after your scheduled arrival time. Scheduled arrival time is figured from your cut time (or actual departure time if it is after your cut time) plus the run time.

It sounds like mgm has a failure to comunacate problem go figure. Why would you cut up the old dollies before you had the new ones makes no sense? So some of this shortage equ problem was brought on ourselfs here in CHR but I know I don't see the big picture. And now it sounds like its co wide. I'm telling you now, if I was Fred heads would roll.

I think the lack of communication is at the centers that are short. I've been to DTX, KCM, CCN and MPS in the last week and they all seem to have an over abundance of equipment. I wonder if there is someone the TM or Ops manager at the affected terminals could call to have some equipment repositioned? KCM was short on empty pups but I'll bet now that we had a couple shifts work the dock last Saturday, that problem will be over. I heard that we were 100 trailers behind on the dock. I don't know how true that was.

I think the lack of communication is at the centers that are short. I've been to DTX, KCM, CCN and MPS in the last week and they all seem to have an over abundance of equipment. I wonder if there is someone the TM or Ops manager at the affected terminals could call to have some equipment repositioned? KCM was short on empty pups but I'll bet now that we had a couple shifts work the dock last Saturday, that problem will be over. I heard that we were 100 trailers behind on the dock. I don't know how true that was.

Its true I think. They got volunteers to go out there and work the dock and was told they may have to go to seven days around the clock until they get things up to par. If the source is reliable.

I understand the late freight. It's unacceptable to have 10 guys waiting for dollys. Buy more equipment if you need to. Move it in from another terminal or something.

We had a dolly issue like that many years ago (with AF) and I remember them sending the company lowboy up with about 10 to right the pool.

roog

Waited 3 hours for an empty pup last night. I was told that Central denied request for me to single out on my run. I don't understand the reasoning behind that decision. I was paid 3 hours delay pay to wait and haul an empty with my loaded lead.

Speaking from a Supervisor's point of view which is never a popular one on here we are an extremely poorly managed company. But it comes from MD level and up for the most part. We treat our front line supervision like dirt demanding that they work 50 - 70 hour work weeks and sometimes 6 days a week and give them a 5% permanent pay cut which were told we can earn back now at a max of 2% per year, short staff them, and take away any shot of the measly bonus they gave us. A company as big as Fedex was bound to recover eventually from the economic downturn. It may have taken 2 years but it would have done so eventually. No need for that paycut to be permanent. Every salaried person would have understood completely if it was a temporary one We are told to stay and cycle or come in Saturday to do it by our terminal manager. Now I know most drivers on here are going to say quit your crying we work 50+ hours a week every week already. Very true but realize one thing before you make that statement. You get COMPENSATED for doing it.

This is why a lot of the WML management left in SBC and why it's starting to hit HSB now. There is just to much work and not enough people to do it. HSB TM got so fed up he told the MD where to go and he ended up getting fired. OH I'm sorry we were told he left because of medical reasons. Now were stuck with the former NED MD as our TM. Yea! Looks like a demotion to me. Next MD of the NE will be a FXFE guy. Mark my words. WML people don't want TM positions with this company because Fedex treats their management team like dirt. Beat the crap out of them and if you don't like it their will always be some other smuck willing to take that butt kicking.

As for the MTY & dolly situation which is why I was originally responding to this message in the first place. You have CNC trying to manage trailer pools through WFMS however the company switched over to ACCOPS over a year ago. So what happens? You have equipment that shows in WFMS that doesn't really exist so we send linehaul drivers to terminals like SCR or HAG with loads only to find that we have no mty's there to return with. They show in the computer they are at these terminals BUT in actuality they were sent over to FXFE and end up at one of their centers. Since WFMS doesn't recognize 90% of the FXFE service center codes the trailers still show in HAG or SCR but have long since been dispatched to another FXFE center. This happens a few times daily and now we have drivers waiting in HSB or these other service centers for an MTY. Sometimes for hours as we scramble to make equipment. Also a mandate went out to shred all the 15000 - 13000 series trailers replacing them with the newer e-lock trailers. If your expecting all of this growth wouldn't it be wiser to keep the older equipment we already have rather than rent god knows how many XTRA lease vans? We destroyed some equipment that was still very useable in my opinion. Especially since we just wasted all that money having these trailers re branded. I think it's an embarassment that we have drivers waiting around for hours waiting for a dolly or mty trailer. I can't imagine telling a customer in NWK that needed an early appointment that our linehaul department didn't have the required equipment to get the load up to NWK in time.

Now HSB is about to switch to 1 large shift once HRT opens back up. Planning for all this growth, why did we close it in the first place?? No way in hell are they going to keep all these (including myself) supervisors around. I just don't see the need for 20 some supervisors, 5 OM's 2 ATM's and a TM. Little top heavy if you ask me. I see about 5 of us possibly being offered positions in HRT or being laid off because there is no longer a need for us. Just like they did to HRT when they closed it the first time. HSB owns the field directly next to it. Contractors are so slow right now you could probably name your price to add onto the building. Now is the time to expand the dock before the next growth spurt hits in a year or 2. Not in the middle of peak season which is what I'm sure this company will do because it is so poorly managed.

Ok I'm done complaining now.

Speaking from a Supervisor's point of view which is never a popular one on here we are an extremely poorly managed company. But it comes from MD level and up for the most part. We treat our front line supervision like dirt demanding that they work 50 - 70 hour work weeks and sometimes 6 days a week and give them a 5% permanent pay cut which were told we can earn back now at a max of 2% per year, short staff them, and take away any shot of the measly bonus they gave us. A company as big as Fedex was bound to recover eventually from the economic downturn. It may have taken 2 years but it would have done so eventually. No need for that paycut to be permanent. Every salaried person would have understood completely if it was a temporary one We are told to stay and cycle or come in Saturday to do it by our terminal manager. Now I know most drivers on here are going to say quit your crying we work 50+ hours a week every week already. Very true but realize one thing before you make that statement. You get COMPENSATED for doing it.

This is why a lot of the WML management left in SBC and why it's starting to hit HSB now. There is just to much work and not enough people to do it. HSB TM got so fed up he told the MD where to go and he ended up getting fired. OH I'm sorry we were told he left because of medical reasons. Now were stuck with the former NED MD as our TM. Yea! Looks like a demotion to me. Next MD of the NE will be a FXFE guy. Mark my words. WML people don't want TM positions with this company because Fedex treats their management team like dirt. Beat the crap out of them and if you don't like it their will always be some other smuck willing to take that butt kicking.

As for the MTY & dolly situation which is why I was originally responding to this message in the first place. You have CNC trying to manage trailer pools through WFMS however the company switched over to ACCOPS over a year ago. So what happens? You have equipment that shows in WFMS that doesn't really exist so we send linehaul drivers to terminals like SCR or HAG with loads only to find that we have no mty's there to return with. They show in the computer they are at these terminals BUT in actuality they were sent over to FXFE and end up at one of their centers. Since WFMS doesn't recognize 90% of the FXFE service center codes the trailers still show in HAG or SCR but have long since been dispatched to another FXFE center. This happens a few times daily and now we have drivers waiting in HSB or these other service centers for an MTY. Sometimes for hours as we scramble to make equipment. Also a mandate went out to shred all the 15000 - 13000 series trailers replacing them with the newer e-lock trailers. If your expecting all of this growth wouldn't it be wiser to keep the older equipment we already have rather than rent god knows how many XTRA lease vans? We destroyed some equipment that was still very useable in my opinion. Especially since we just wasted all that money having these trailers re branded. I think it's an embarassment that we have drivers waiting around for hours waiting for a dolly or mty trailer. I can't imagine telling a customer in NWK that needed an early appointment that our linehaul department didn't have the required equipment to get the load up to NWK in time.

Now HSB is about to switch to 1 large shift once HRT opens back up. Planning for all this growth, why did we close it in the first place?? No way in hell are they going to keep all these (including myself) supervisors around. I just don't see the need for 20 some supervisors, 5 OM's 2 ATM's and a TM. Little top heavy if you ask me. I see about 5 of us possibly being offered positions in HRT or being laid off because there is no longer a need for us. Just like they did to HRT when they closed it the first time. HSB owns the field directly next to it. Contractors are so slow right now you could probably name your price to add onto the building. Now is the time to expand the dock before the next growth spurt hits in a year or 2. Not in the middle of peak season which is what I'm sure this company will do because it is so poorly managed.

Your right FedEx as a whole has all mgm job scared and it has alwas been that way. Im sorry this has happened to you. Try to hang on. Maybe things will get better.

WML/FNL employee sorry about your plight with the purple monster. But drivers were not always compensated for their time with WML. The drivers had to give 2 hours at a turnaround point before you got paid.Lets not forget all of the time we spent sitting in the fuel lane everyday. Oh yeah when we went for a random drug screen we got paid a whole hour reguardless if it took 30minutes or 2 hrs. We can not forget working on the holidays.

Again WML/FNL employee the purple monster is flexing its muscles. as I have been told in the past by a TM and a VP we must be flexible.

I also agree with that. If they would like to know how much time we do give them they should put a time clock at the gate. It would surprise a lot of mgm.

I just can't get over this. This is a crying shame. We all have to work together to get the job done. If we are having a problem with mgm someone here needs to listen so if that means that all of us here that post should write Fred himself maybe he would listen. I just can't believe he wants his company run this way. We need to git rid of all these bully s that are running this company in the ground. We have the bull by the horns we just don't know what to do with it.