FedEx Freight | 4 10's

how do you convince them(management) to switch to 4 10 hour days?

I know we have looked at it in the past (AF days).. But since the majority of our centers do not work 7 days a week, it does not really make sense to do so.

I would love it myself.. Carolina Freight use to do it with supervisors (4 12's) and they loved it..

We have some routes here that we bid out as 4 10's. But, I can see where it would be hard to schedule a full workforce to do that only working 5 days a week.

how do you convince them(management) to switch to 4 10 hour days?

Should be an easy sell...it seriously reduces OT. As long as there were enough cdsa's on staff, you'd think they'd be doing it. Guess it depends on center, but we have them (4-10 bids) all over the north.

i'm on a four day and love it.i think the way we got it was punishment.now i don't want to go back to a five day.my thoughts are if i'm only getting 40 to 44 hours a week i would rather do it in four days rather than 5.

What happens when you don't have 10 hours of P&D? Do they let you work the dock?:shrug:

we can work the dock but at my center my run is more than an hour out so its pretty hard not to get ten hours because if you leave the yard late because line haul was late sometimes your first 2 hours are on the dock and than an hour of driving to your first stop do 15 stops and an hour and a half back is good for just under 11.5.but not to get to long winded yes you can work the dock if you get back to early but if you do get back to early its your own fault.

we can work the dock but at my center my run is more than an hour out so its pretty hard not to get ten hours because if you leave the yard late because line haul was late sometimes your first 2 hours are on the dock and than an hour of driving to your first stop do 15 stops and an hour and a half back is good for just under 11.5.but not to get to long winded yes you can work the dock if you get back to early but if you do get back to early its your own fault.

Oh. I. C. When I was in the city they asked if I wanted 4-10's several times and I turned them down cause our guys weren't getting 40 hours unless they came in their day off. That just didn't make sense to me so I stuck to 5-8's and usually ended up over 45hrs/wk.

I have been on 4 10s for years come in at 5am get off time 3:30 most days I get off at around 4 or 4:30 off day is monday. If I get in early I can work the dock or go home it is my choice.

the four 10 s is good if you get 10 hrs a day just get less than 10 on any given day its hard to make time up you end up less than 40

Don't work at FXFE but I have worked at a place with 4 tens... If you do get 4 tens make sure you get ot at 10&40.. The place I worked gave you 10&50.. That was fine(4 day work week) till it got busy.. That turned into 5&50 with no ot.. You guy's at FXFE have it pretty good.. Don't take it for granted.. Look at my profile.. It can change in a hurry.. Best of luck to you all at FXFE..

Hey super trucker... At my center we have 5, 4-10 bids, four of them are routes and the fifth one is the guy that covers the other guys on their days off. The downfall to the 4-10 bids at my center is the they start late morning. This means u have to try to stretch out your day to get in your hours. If management would start them early in the morning like in other centers I would consider one myself. In 14 wheelers case it would be good to...sounds like he has no problems getting his time in. That would be great.:1036316054:

I worked 4-10's a few years ago...It was fine when they where busy, but when it was slow they wanted to send us home after working 6 hours..., Glad I don't have that problem anymore.

Hey super trucker... At my center we have 5, 4-10 bids, four of them are routes and the fifth one is the guy that covers the other guys on their days off. The downfall to the 4-10 bids at my center is the they start late morning. This means u have to try to stretch out your day to get in your hours. If management would start them early in the morning like in other centers I would consider one myself. In 14 wheelers case it would be good to...sounds like he has no problems getting his time in. That would be great.:1036316054:
i normally don't have a hard time getting my hours but i think thats because i don't cry when they send me from my area to someone elses to get pickups

Any idea how we get this for the road, I already get the ten to twelve hours now if I could get four days.....Well dang!

i normally don't have a hard time getting my hours but i think thats because i don't cry when they send me from my area to someone elses to get pickups

Dispatch sends us all over the place. We bid a route and deliver there but usually go pretty much where we are told to make pickups. My motto is "have truck will travel". I don't really care where I go to get pickups so as long as I get my hours in!!:1036316054:

Any idea how we get this for the road, I already get the ten to twelve hours now if I could get four days.....Well dang!

There's always a price to pay as a road driver. I have a lot of road driver friends that I hang out with. I'm not the typical boo hoo road drivers get everything kind of city driver. I see how much you guys sacrifice. You either work days and long hours without seeing your family or you run nights and don't get to see your family either. I don't want any part of that lifestyle. I also have a wife with a good paying job so I don't need ro run the road! You road drivers have my upmost respect!!!!!!!!:TR10driving03::3dflagsdotcom_usa_2:beerchug: