FedEx Freight | 4 10's

atv do you work at our center with dispatch sending you from one end of town to the other.with the cost of fuel you would think that fxf would want to keep the miles down as much as possible. it would be to their best interest to hire a dispatcher with city experence and know how to send guys on pick-ups

atv do you work at our center with dispatch sending you from one end of town to the other.with the cost of fuel you would think that fxf would want to keep the miles down as much as possible. it would be to their best interest to hire a dispatcher with city experence and know how to send guys on pick-ups

Being here as long as I have been I have learned not to question, but just to do. I feel exactly the way you do. I have seen some crazy stuff. For example I know of at least a handful of times I have been waiting in line at a customer's dock to unload and there is another fedex freight truck in line or in the dock delivering to the same customer. I have been on the east side of town and passed another driver on the way to the west side of town and talked to him later and he picked up at the customer accross the street from the customer that I just left. Crazy wasteful! That must be the reason they keep the overtime down... So that money can help cover fuel costs:hysterical: On a positive note when I run a rural route now, I will call my dispatcher to let him know I'm leaving that town and ask him if he has anything else in the area b4 I leave... that helps a little bit on the backtracking.

i do the same if they send me 20 miles back to where i just came from though i just say cha ching i dont get all foamed up now i smile

i do the same if they send me 20 miles back to where i just came from though i just say cha ching i dont get all foamed up now i smile

Just like I said in my response to 14 wheeler... My motto is "have truck will travel":1036316054: Or my other favorite is "if u got the money, I've got the time" pay me!!

Just like I said in my response to 14 wheeler... My motto is "have truck will travel":1036316054: Or my other favorite is "if u got the money, I've got the time" pay me!!

i was on a country bumkin run one day they sent me 30 miles away had to find a place to put my second trailer make 2 pick-ups go back hook up my set and head back to the center 45 miles awaywhen it all started i had 9 hrs that day finished with 13.5 it was a friday as usual everybody wants to go home but me

i was on a country bumkin run one day they sent me 30 miles away had to find a place to put my second trailer make 2 pick-ups go back hook up my set and head back to the center 45 miles awaywhen it all started i had 9 hrs that day finished with 13.5 it was a friday as usual everybody wants to go home but me

We have drivers that like to play the 8 and skate game on fridays. They are on the bottom of the board. One crying session with the center manager took care of that. 11 years seniority and number 10 out of 55 plus drivers....Daddy's going home early on Friday first. I usually don't go early. I like that money too much. They usually don't send us out with sets at my center. Management knows dropping and hooking set equals overtime. The only time we do sets is if we are low on vans or volume deliveries. Most of our drivers cry like babies if they have to hook sets to peddle with.

we do some sets i had grocery whse that day and a big distribution center with a volume and was suppose to switch set they had only one so i took out an empty trailer in town where i was at to make pick-ups then they sent me traveling thats ok money in the bank:grinning-smiley-021

we do some sets i had grocery whse that day and a big distribution center with a volume and was suppose to switch set they had only one so i took out an empty trailer in town where i was at to make pick-ups then they sent me traveling thats ok money in the bank:grinning-smiley-021

You sound like me... As long as I'm punched in... keep em pickups comin'

Frt Hauler it's been good talkin' with ya. The street lights are coming on and momma's calling me in for dinner:hysterical:. Time to go to bed. Take care out there and be careful. Don't let that pushy ol' dispatcher rush ya....Be Safe:1036316054: