FedEx Freight | 4.5% pay bonus

I don't think it's so much about losing your job as it is transfering. I've always said that as soon as things settle down they were going to find that they need drivers here but not so many there and so on. Thats why I told anyone who would listen NOT to buy a house for at least 1 year after their transfer.

no dove tail rule was posted after merger,no following freight,was posted on board during merger,need to call hr for exact rules now.

Listen up chumps, I talked to Jim C. myself and for those of you who don't know who he is go look at your gay little poster with all of them on it and you'll see he's right there at the top. He says were not changing seniority and also said it woulld make zero sense for the company to do that, so all you little p and d guys that were to scared to come out line 6 or 7 years ago when it was all lay downs and you had to drive all night in the snow need to shut up for good. You guys all made your choice and now you don't think you have to earn it on the LINE side of things and don't come to me with your b.s about delivering in scary neighborhoods and climbing stairs and all that crap. You've done it for long enough and hopefully now you have enough seniority to get a better P and D run!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Sall back, did you ever pause to think that if the road loses more runs to the rail and PT's it would be the ROAD BOARD who would have most benefited from that rumor?!?

Well Sack,I dont know any p&d drivers that would go to the road.On the other hand I know some shuttle drivers who would come to the city.

This is what I hear atleast 5 times a day "man, I wish I went to the road"

The only time I wanna go back to the city is when my wife goes through phases where she wants me home at night. Then she goes shopping and forgets all about it..

This is what I hear atleast 5 times a day "man, I wish I went to the road"

The only time I wanna go back to the city is when my wife goes through phases where she wants me home at night. Then she goes shopping and forgets all about it..

My wife is the same way. We both know being on the road at night is just what we have to deal with to get to where we want to. Then I can quit or keep doing it if I want.

Listen up chumps, I talked to Jim C. myself and for those of you who don't know who he is go look at your gay little poster with all of them on it and you'll see he's right there at the top. He says were not changing seniority and also said it woulld make zero sense for the company to do that, so all you little p and d guys that were to scared to come out line 6 or 7 years ago when it was all lay downs and you had to drive all night in the snow need to shut up for good. You guys all made your choice and now you don't think you have to earn it on the LINE side of things and don't come to me with your b.s about delivering in scary neighborhoods and climbing stairs and all that crap. You've done it for long enough and hopefully now you have enough seniority to get a better P and D run!

Lets talk about people earning their spot on the road board. What about the city drivers who had no seniority got laid off then got rehired on to the road at National. Then the merge now they have 70 people below them with 60 of them having more company time. We had to put our time in to get screwed they got screwed then got lucky. Not everybody earned they spot either way we all earn our company time and that should matter not getting lucky.

Also who the heck is Jim C. and what does he have to say matter. Or did you just cost someone their job by outing a source in corporate.

Whogivesashit ? Really ? So what someone else got lucky or not. I guess if you had my luck you would be happy at least someone else got a good deal. Gives us sorry losers hope.

In our meeting Jeff First said we are doing well. We need to work on claims,and reroute the Econ. freight. Other then that it was very positive.

Wow Sall back, did you ever pause to think that if the road loses more runs to the rail and PT's it would be the ROAD BOARD who would have most benefited from that rumor?!?

That's what I was thinking, if the rumors are true there would be a reduction in road drivers not city drivers and the road drivers could bump some city drivers out of a job.

I'll take it if its $28 or $128 .... it is more than I had .... and I'll smile about it

Dang skippy! That's how I feel. A long long time ago I heard a old preacher man say "we should always try to keep an 'attitude of gratitude'."
I've been trying to live like that since then and it really helps in alot of situations. Funny how one little 3 word quote can change your whole life.

The way I see it would we rather have an extra $28 or be taking a big cut and lose a pile of retirement money like some have out here?
I mean that could easily have been us if we'd made a different choice.

I've got a good friend that had 20+ in when CF went under and when it was all said and done he wound up getting .10 on the dollar for his retirement fund. He lost thousands.
So yea I'll take a +$28 to my account and be real glad.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's Offical, A Bonus to all Fedex and Fedex Freight employees, including part timers (dock) Management,etc at the end of the month July 2011. My Tm confirmed it. My Terminal Manager Not sure yet on the how the 5.7% works into your annual wages, but hearing 5.7 % of 20% your yearly wage. It will be in with your Pay, not a seperate check. I guess enough to take the wife out to dinner.