FedEx Freight | 4 anyone

down here in the gulf, we deliver to the oil rigs by work boat:
if you have your AB license(boat pilot) to go along with your CDL
you get 31.60hr plus maritime incentives: LOL

the golf, nascrap, and the other millions wasted just hacks me off as of late

Any company that is adjusting wages and benefits to its employee's should not be spending one dime on anything that does not help the company grow.

Any company that is adjusting wages and benefits to its employee's should not be spending one dime on anything that does not help the company grow.

BusterNite :1036316054:

The golf and NASCAR sponsorship is part of the advertisement budget and is money very well spent.
You have to advertise to get your word out.
Just like the TV commercials that FedEx spends money on.

:popcorn:

bullloney...everyone that needs to know who we are allready knows who we are and what we do..so why waste money telling them about us...af and viking did not spend money on that stuff and we grew to the point where they did not want to compete with us anymore so they bought us out...what it really is ...is just more people making a dime off our backs...I dont go to work every day to pay advertisers...fedex needs to quit it.

bullloney...everyone that needs to know who we are allready knows who we are and what we do..so why waste money telling them about us...af and viking did not spend money on that stuff and we grew to the point where they did not want to compete with us anymore so they bought us out...what it really is ...is just more people making a dime off our backs...I dont go to work every day to pay advertisers...fedex needs to quit it.

kwt300 :1036316054:

You need to remember that FedEx Freight is only 10% of the FedEx pie.
Just because we are slow due to some sectors of the economy, does not mean that FedEx needs to stop advertising to get the other parts of the economy that are still doing well. Especially International shipping.

Per my manager: The Fedex Cup has been shutdown, do not know if anyone else will pickup, as far as nascar, they have a contract, and the bean counters say it pays to have it. Though they could not say what $ amount it pays to keep.:woot:

Endless saturation of a name product works. Product placement in movies and television works. McDonald's, Coke,Budweiser, among others are world known because of advertising. I imagine if we were not to advertise, even though we are a household word, our business would be less. The name always needs to be out there. Maybe a more prudent and targeted means of advertising may be needed in these times, but I still think it needs to be done.

FedEx Sports

Per my manager: The Fedex Cup has been shutdown, do not know if anyone else will pickup, as far as nascar, they have a contract, and the bean counters say it pays to have it. Though they could not say what $ amount it pays to keep.:woot:

cosmo :1036316054:

For more than a quarter of a century, FedEx has leveraged qualities like speed, teamwork, and precision in building the largest express transportation company in the world.  These same qualities are prominent in our championship caliber sponsorships, making the relationships both natural and complimentary.

FedEx and the NFL

FedEx and the PGA TOUR

FedEx Racing: Home: Every Day Is Race Day

We have a sales force that saturates the market place. In these times we need to stop our sponsorships and over priced advertising(super bowl)and focus on the company. I find it a real slap in the face to tell us that we are going to lay people off and stop our 401k match(to name a few) because we need to save money to shore up our stock price and then spend MILLOINS on the sponserships and ads. I hope that the company feels the same!!!!!

so they bought us out... means they have been doing something right to buy out 2 companies for bookoo bucks. I'm no suit & tie, I'm linehaul w/dock. But that is my choice. To not sit in an office & have grunts do the dirty work. Yes they make money off my hard work, but I don't sack groceries or flip dead cows or so on & on. Things will never be AF of old, get over it. I was there, now I'm here. I still enjoy what I do or I have the choice to do something else.

He has won 4 times so far after being in NASCAR for 3 years. 115 starts. That's about a win every 30 times... not the best, Not everyone is Richard Petty, but that's ALOT of TV time.

We all go to work everyday to collect a paycheck.....End of story :1036316054:

I dont go to work every day to pay advertisers...fedex needs to quit it.

Start your own company and you can do what you want with your money.

I go to work everyday to feed my family and buy extra toys when I can afford them and pay cash for them... What Fred does with his money is Fred's business..

I have better things to stress out about than those that I have no control over.

And the fedex bcs bowl
maybe the newly unemployed because of cost cutting
can get free tickets

You have'nt heard? All you have to do is walk up to the ticket booth, tell them you used to work for FEDEX, they say where have you been, we have been waiting for you, here is your 4 free tickets.:woot::hysterical: