FedEx Freight | 4 day week

sloride49

TB Lurker
Credits
down here in mob going to put all on 4 10 hour days.so we all go with out. looks like it would be less that 25 hours a week. why dont they just lay some guys off. 0

down here in mob going to put all on 4 10 hour days.so we all go with out. looks like it would be less that 25 hours a week. why dont they just lay some guys off. 0

Hey that's a ideal...Lay some guys off so I can get my 40....That's the TEAM SPRIT....:cuss::nutkick:

4x10=40 for the early starts. They tried this at our shop and it faded fast. Think about the 830am-930am start times....You'd start at 0930, add 10 hours to that plus your 1/2 lunch (some had to take an hour) you'd be back at the shop at 2000. Not too much peddlin' happening around 2000 for certain sized centers, hell after 1800 the day was done so you'd get the "buzz" to come on in with a promise of "maybe" tomorrow.....along with that our first road cuts had a 2000 gate time.

So you were on a "10" but you'd never get a "10".

I dunno, I kind of like my new, "I'm gonna like it much better than the old way" schedule. I get paid full time benefits for working part time. I have a lot more time to panhandle on freeway offramps. If I'm lucky, I might even get enough pocket change to make as much as I did 16 years ago when I was on the bottom of the seniority list.

We have them but I never bid them .
Your truck gets trashed the one day you
are off and the other reason is you will
not get your 10 in.

4x10=40 for the early starts. They tried this at our shop and it faded fast. Think about the 830am-930am start times....You'd start at 0930, add 10 hours to that plus your 1/2 lunch (some had to take an hour) you'd be back at the shop at 2000. Not too much peddlin' happening around 2000 for certain sized centers, hell after 1800 the day was done so you'd get the "buzz" to come on in with a promise of "maybe" tomorrow.....along with that our first road cuts had a 2000 gate time.

So you were on a "10" but you'd never get a "10".

Yeah, we're thinking our SCM is going to add a lot of 4x10's to our next bid. We have a few now for our longer routes. (And they are using 5x8 drivers on the longest run now because of a bridge closure and a stupid, stupid idea by our SCM. None of the regular route drivers would have nothing to do with his "idea".)

It's ok for the longer routes I guess. We had drivers go on 4x10's and it cost them over $5,000 a year. (Ok, you managers, put it back in your pants). Running local, there is no way to get your hours on 4x10's, which is of course, what they want.

Now that they have destroyed quality on the dock, they're looking to do it on the road now.

Hey that's a ideal...Lay some guys off so I can get my 40....That's the TEAM SPRIT....:cuss::nutkick:

No offense but I believe they call that seniority. So it makes more sense to lower everyones hours so everyone loses benefits and probably goes bankrupt? I think it is only fair you lay off the bottom drivers so the more senior employees get their hours. We have 54 city drivers at my barn. We only use 38 per day in the city. So does it make sense to have everyone work 5 hours per day, or, as close to 40 as you can for the senior drivers and the bottom gets whats left? I am guessing around half of the drivers aren't getting 40 most are close the bottom guys are getting around 15 hours per week. At 15 hours per week you are not elegible for benefits so why not just lay them off? I believe you can make more on unemployment than you can working 15 hours