lets make a change before your fellow workers are bankrupt
Hey guys , quit thnking about yourself for about 3-4 months

I second that motion!!!

All the line drivers go to 4 days a week, just redo the bids, Its not that hard
All p+d goes to a four day work week, Look,
things are tough for alot of your fellow drivers

To do this, someone, someplace, would have to care about us, and the company as a whole. It would make a lot of sense, keeping qualified employees so that when this mess is over, and freight picks up, we could just carry on where we left off.

So what do you do when there isn't enough work for 8 hours? Just by making everyone 4-10's won't generate more freight. Then you'll have drivers approaching part time hours.

In the day, drivers wouldn't have hesitated to stay home and let others work. But we now have to deal with the FedEx mentality which is take care of yourself, screw everyone else. I don't mind a few days a month, at my choosing, but I don't want to go to a full 4-10 bid.

Drivers are a dime a dozen now. They have a very large pool of drivers they can pick from now. I know our dispatcher is trying his best to spread the work around. He always has this time of year. I know it sucks.

Besides, isn't this how the free market is supposed to work? Hmmmmm?

no way this happens because we have 80k + a year drivers that are 1 paycheck away from bankruptcy.

no way this happens because we have 80k + a year drivers that are 1 paycheck away from bankruptcy.

Good point, in MKO there were $80,000 to $90,000 drivers that had to work Sat. just to make ends meet, the mean while x-board was starving to death with one or 2 days a week on shuttle. I suppose nothing can be said, the senior guys earned the right, I just can't imagine making that kind of money and being in that situation, I went fron $60,000 a year to $40,000 and didn't miss a beat, thats because we planned ahead, we knew with all the transfering, fredex wouldn't last, do we hurt in this economy? Absolutely, but we made adjustments, where I'm at now if one guy is hurting for work, we take care of him, thats the difference between the LTL nonsence and the foodservice family.

GT

Let's see. YRC takes a ten percent cut and you advocate us taking a twenty percent cut. Not Interested. I work here for the money. I take my lumps when its my turn and I intend to draw full or near as full checks as often as possible.

what do you mean thinking of ourselves, do you not think a family member does not affect anyone. I work everyday but my wife lost her job over a year ago and still hasnt found another one, so dont think that someone above you is working more because they want maybe they have to.

Let's see. YRC takes a ten percent cut and you advocate us taking a twenty percent cut. Not Interested. I work here for the money. I take my lumps when its my turn and I intend to draw full or near as full checks as often as possible.

Over here, 1/3 or our city runs have been cut to 4 days... Add that, the forced 1 hour lunch... good luck getting 40 hours. But it does spread the work around in these tough times.

I'm already on a 4 day week. THAT'S 4 DAYS OFF PER WEEK.

I'm already on a 4 day week. THAT'S 4 DAYS OFF PER WEEK. :biglaugh:

Thank god I can laugh at my misery...