XPO | 4 Quarter and 2017 Results

Bereavement
No sho/no call reduced
"Gotta put you guys more in line with the other business units" means more coming.
No good news to me. What happened to that whole "show the drivers some love" idea? I was all for that.

The no call no show thing is irrelevant. Losing berievement time is bullshit. A life of 60-70 hour weeks and then in a time like that to be worried about work is wrong.

At Xph we are not affected by these changes . We will still get 5 bereavement days and the 3 no shows ( although I don’t know why someone would not call in) This is why we took a stand and decided enough is enough. We also have last years health coverage and priemums. Oh yeah and the new safety policy that goes into effect March first the further weaponizes Drivecam not here.

This is the stuff that adds up and degrades your overall compensation in the long run. Yes you will probably get and raise and Maybe even a one time bonus but you have to pay attention to the other hand and see what it’s taking.

Mr Jacobs said “life is good “ in reference to ltl than if that’s so why are they still taking ?
If your not gaining in good times than what happens when things are bad. Don’t focus on the shiny object alone.

And now a rebuttal and damage control spin from the left coast.

Wait until we get sold and then the LTL gets sold off to worry about how bad the bad is gonna get. We gotta see who ends up with this mess.

Corporate overlords challenging your God-given right to ignore your job obligations for three whole days and drive a truck with a phone in your hand? Call the Teamsters!

All the union movement has done is made it smoother and easier on the drivers at those barns as we head into the sale of the company. It hasn’t changed anything significant. And it won’t stop the end result.

Truth - things are as good as they get then why reduce to lower compensation. Does it speak to the future

Our future is to be sold off to the highest bidder. Happens to trucking companies all the time. Check that boneyard. A lot of big names swallowed up.

The no call no show thing is irrelevant. Losing berievement time is :horseshit:. A life of 60-70 hour weeks and then in a time like that to be worried about work is wrong.

As I agree with that, I think it was just cause they wanted to do it with absolutely no purpose. All these at will employment states allow them to fire you for no reason. Stirring the minorities for something that's irrelevant. Again, when something doesn't remain the same or get better, to me it's a reduction.

qPDQ34p.jpg

This doesn’t actually apply to this situation. We all know what XPO is doing and understand we are to be sold again. At least once. Probably twice. As most of us don’t believe the companies that intend to buy XPO will keep an LTL carrier.
I think it does apply, we have been taught that we must be aligned with certain carriers....now it's our other business units. We have been taught all these cuts are happening everywhere else too. We have been taught that no matter how many times we are beaten, there is no place better, there is no where else for us to go. There's nothing we can do to help ourselves. It's almost like battered wife syndrome.

I think it does apply, we have been taught that we must be aligned with certain carriers....now it's our other business units. We have been taught all these cuts are happening everywhere else too. We have been taught that no matter how many times we are beaten, there is no place better, there is no where else for us to go. There's nothing we can do to help ourselves. It's almost like battered wife syndrome.

Except people keep quitting because there are better places and they are begging for drivers.

We haven't seen it. Just guys shaking their heads saying "well, it could be worse."
Some vocalized frustration, but it's been mostly quiet.
I have heard that well it could be worse response since Con-way started the trend downward when they spun off Consolidated. People are complacent and are either too lazy or scared or both to stand up for themselves they need to justify in some sense that’s it ok. The other one I like is “everyone else is doing it “ if you waiting for these people to wake up I think your expectations may be to high in some cases.
Hell just speak up here about how dissatisfied you are and they’ll come up with a million ways to justify what the company is taking . Yes in some sense it is very Much like beaten wife syndrome, to afraid to speak up .
Xpo and the rest of Ltl will take this as low as they can go ( and yes there’s still room ) . It’s not an agreed pact between companies it just follow the leader.
Drivers for there part must realize the value of their skill and license and the fact that that everyone can not do this job as employers think. When drivers finally stand for themselves change will come and not a minute sooner . Jacobs is banking on it that you won’t.

Last edited:
I believe there will be a nice hourly raise and possibly a one time bonus soon. There will further reduction in health coverage in the fall with a moderate premium increase and more benefits changes to bring us inline with other units. There will be those here that will sing the praises of Xpo for being sooo generous and life will go on.

I surprised no one has post this yet. We ended the year at a 87.7 OR compared to an 89 OR last year.
I also saw a post at the FAC Friday night about a meeting they are holding on Monday. I guess we will all find out then.

http://news.xpo.com/en/news/768/xpo-logistics-announces-fourth-quarter-and-full-year-2017-results
We're suppose to have a visit from our ltl pres Tony Brooks tomorrow.I want to ask him if we're gonna be treated like Fed ex guys w/ all their raises, bonuses, and 1.5 b added to their pension fund. But no, we'll be out on the street by the time he arrives. Do they plan it that way to have all the big shots come after all the drivers are gone???

Our safety guy was at our barn today, got two ear fulls from drivers, so, would you want to listen to us if you had done what they did? Yes, it’s planned that way.

We're suppose to have a visit from our ltl pres Tony Brooks tomorrow.I want to ask him if we're gonna be treated like Fed ex guys w/ all their raises, bonuses, and 1.5 b added to their pension fund. But no, we'll be out on the street by the time he arrives. Do they plan it that way to have all the big shots come after all the drivers are gone???
Yes.

Good luck with that . The last thing they want to do is be confronted by real drivers. They only good at answering pre screened drivers questions in fake town hall meetings . If they had real concern in our well being as employees they would make sure to meet unscripted questions and get a finger on the pulse. Too bad. The only way you’ll get there attention is to threaten a vote then they will be all yours for weeks.
In other words for now it their way or the highway.

With Tony Brooks , he will talk loud and strong and right over the top of you. I heard good things about him before meeting him in real life.

Ask whatever you want - he'll just powerfully talk over you and sound REAL sure of himself. Go ahead , try and have a productive dialogue about a touchy subject. Strong , powerful , assertive sounding smoke blowing up your backside.

Most of these management types are like politicians when meeting with everyday workers. They sidestep real questions , ignore serious issues , and redirect the conversation to anything but what you want to talk about.

Don't rock the boat or they will throw you overboard.