XPO | 401 k

newblue87

TB Lurker
Credits
Revived a letter today in the mail that Conway will start contributing 2% to my 401k even if I don't contribute. No 2% isn't much but better than whàt I was getting so I'm fairly pleased

I'm glad they FINALLY decided to give y'all some crumbs too. It's a shame they can't give us all the same amount or at least make good on what was promised in the first place. I mean come on its not like they can't afford it with a profit like we crank out.

I'm glad they FINALLY decided to give y'all some crumbs too. It's a shame they can't give us all the same amount or at least make good on what was promised in the first place. I mean come on its not like they can't afford it with a profit like we crank out.
That is the #1 problem: Management says something and then ignores what they said.
When the "one on ones" where sweeping the company , drivers that started after either 2010 or 2011 where given assurances that soon , something would be done by Con-Way to help with their retirement.

This did not affect me , and I would not have even known that drivers that started after me , work side by side with me , wear the SAME uniform and drive the SAME equipment and have the SAME qualifications , received DIFFERENT benefits. As a company , why say that you will do something about this , make it an issue , and then NOT TAKE ACTION.

Even though it is not required by law that a company provides benefits to it's employees this is the world we live in. The expectation is there , that a "top notch" company provides benefits , decent bennies , as an incentive to attract and keep good workers. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. If you have that philosophy for upper management , then common sense dictates that it should work for the foundation of the company - THE DRIVERS.

You may or may not agree with UPS but they are successful. If you think this is wrong , look at UPS package drivers. Their company admits and believes the DRIVER is the FOUNDATION of the company. IF and when ANY OTR or LTL company admits and accepts this the situation will change drastically.

You don't build a house from the top down. The foundation has to be strong.

A tree does not grow from the top down , that's impossible. Why do companies try to do things from the top down? My rant , my thoughts.:smile:

That is the #1 problem: Management says something and then ignores what they said.
When the "one on ones" where sweeping the company , drivers that started after either 2010 or 2011 where given assurances that soon , something would be done by Con-Way to help with their retirement.

This did not affect me , and I would not have even known that drivers that started after me , work side by side with me , wear the SAME uniform and drive the SAME equipment and have the SAME qualifications , received DIFFERENT benefits. As a company , why say that you will do something about this , make it an issue , and then NOT TAKE ACTION.

Even though it is not required by law that a company provides benefits to it's employees this is the world we live in. The expectation is there , that a "top notch" company provides benefits , decent bennies , as an incentive to attract and keep good workers. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. If you have that philosophy for upper management , then common sense dictates that it should work for the foundation of the company - THE DRIVERS.

You may or may not agree with UPS but they are successful. If you think this is wrong , look at UPS package drivers. Their company admits and believes the DRIVER is the FOUNDATION of the company. IF and when ANY OTR or LTL company admits and accepts this the situation will change drastically.

You don't build a house from the top down. The foundation has to be strong.

A tree does not grow from the top down , that's impossible. Why do companies try to do things from the top down? My rant , my thoughts.:smile:
southwest airlines is another company who puts the employees first. They remained profitable through the recession. You just might be onto something.

Nag nag nag nag. All i hear is nag. Be thankful your aliveand shut your traps. Be grateful for what us given to you cause there is allot and i man alt of people that have it worse

Nag nag nag nag. All i hear is nag. Be thankful your aliveand shut your traps. Be grateful for what us given to you cause there is allot and i man alt of people that have it worse

Nah I think I'll exercise my right to free speech and ***** as much as I feel is therapeutic and/or getting under someone's skin.

Applied for a job that no one in their right mind would ever turn down, promised more than the moon and then some and remember without YOU this could never happen. Because of YOU this will happen. YOU will be the future. YOU will build this corporation. YOU will be well compensated for your endless hours of dedication. And now that the corporation is built WE will take away YOUR pension and promise YOU 401k and match, then take away YOUR match plus give YOU a pay cut. If YOU can think of anymore promises that YOU remember feel free to post.

Applied for a job that no one in their right mind would ever turn down, promised more than the moon and then some and remember without YOU this could never happen. Because of YOU this will happen. YOU will be the future. YOU will build this corporation. YOU will be well compensated for your endless hours of dedication. And now that the corporation is built WE will take away YOUR pension and promise YOU 401k and match, then take away YOUR match plus give YOU a pay cut. If YOU can think of anymore promises that YOU remember feel free to post.
They're still in business and your still here. We're not under a payout and you get money without contributing anything. What could better. The world changes...you either change with it or get left behind. Basic economics. Some don't like it, but that's the way it is.

Oh, I get it. If the world changes, you can break your promises.

You can use whatever terminology that you want, but yeah companies change the way they do business. Just like Marty used to say, deal with it or move on to something that would better suit your needs.

You can use whatever terminology that you want, but yeah companies change the way they do business. Just like Marty used to say, deal with it or move on to something that would better suit your needs.

Your back is up against a wall my friend, you probably don't see or here it but truly it is. People not machines poured their hearts in this company believing the great promise they were offered and many see with human eyes what is left of that great promise. I hear it everyday.

Your back is up against a wall my friend, you probably don't see or hereafter it but truly it is. People not machines poured their hearts in this company believing the great promise they were offered and many see with human eyes what is left of that great promise. I hear it everyday.

That sounds really cliche. How about give us some details. Where was the promise? Things aren't really all that different

That sounds really cliche. How about give us some details. Where was the promise? Things aren't really all that different
If things hadn't changed, this company wouldn't even be here. It would be like cf and those other ltl's that closed. Change is good.
Ltl companies that are not allowed to freely change with the economy eventually cease to exist. You know you like it here that's why your still here. All you people are living proof this is a good job..just by beinghere.

If things hadn't changed, this company wouldn't even be here. It would be like cf and those other ltl's that closed. Change is good.
Ltl companies that are not allowed to freely change with the economy eventually cease to exist. You know you like it here that's why your still here. All you people are living proof this is a good job..just by beinghere.

I disagree. CF is out of business primarily because of business losses due to Emery and competition from other carriers, namely US. A lot of the other smaller LTLs went out of business following deregulation because of buyouts or competition from bigger carriers, as it was no longer a requirement to own the lane to haul freight there, as it was before deregulation. Con-way would still be in business. Their business model has always made money for them, the only reason they've changed it is to make even more for themselves.

I disagree. CF is out of business primarily because of business losses due to Emery and competition from other carriers, namely US. A lot of the other smaller LTLs went out of business following deregulation because of buyouts or competition from bigger carriers, as it was no longer a requirement to own the lane to haul freight there, as it was before deregulation. Con-way would still be in business. Their business model has always made money for them, the only reason they've changed it is to make even more for themselves.
"Themselves" being the shareholders. And upper management. In the past few years that the profits where slim to none Con-way and some union LTL's used the lower employees as a sacrifice. They cut pay , they cut benefits , they cut hours , they cut miles.

And just like the gas station on the corner that always has a good reason why the price spikes up , when that reason is gone the price doesn't go down as fast.

In the case of LTL's and Con-way in particular , the alleged reason for the cuts in pay and benefits has passed , yet Con-way and other LTL's seem to have NO intention of restoring pay and bennies to where they used to be.

You are right , the change is motivated by desire for more profit , and what my family or any of your families may need is a necessary "evil".