XPO | 401 k

It is called "buying" your position....regardless of whether you are qualified to occupy said position or not.

Doug isn't.

He has been unilaterally with malice, piece by piece, dismantling the early promises made by Detter and others regarding the retirement benefits offered to the early adopters.

He has blamed it on Dave Mc...FatBeard, and of course John L, when all the while it was the Dougie calling the shots. Blaming others puts him in the clear.,,NOT!!!

Doug S. is a self righteous, self serving, money grubbing bastard who has absolutely no regard for the ramifications the employees suffer at the hands of his 'leadership'.

This has been going on for years...and is going to continue for a long time.

Tighten up your resume and get out while you can. Forewarned is forearmed...is is NEVER going to get better...regardless of the corporate drivel eschewed from AA.

They are all puppets!

Rat

I wished some people above me in seniority would take your advice and get out. Yes that's how my mind works. Like the CEO's almost. :6799:

Dougie is the biggest individual shareholder. Upper management and the board of directors own a lot of shares. Institutional investors own 86% and they go along with the board. The general public only owns about 12% of the shares. I don't own any.

All the more reason to keep the company going strong.

This proves my point, there are a lot of drivers around here scared to death to push back against management in regards to pay, vacation, retirement, general work treatment, etc because if that dreaded u word is mentioned the world is gonna end and the place will shut down tomorrow. It's not going to happen, so lets use what leverage we have to make this a better place for all of us. I'm not asking for the moon, I want the company to remain profitable and healthy for years to come for all of us. But you have to admit, this company wouldn't be where it is without us. Those in charge should well remember that. You get what you pay for, and if this company wants to be the best as they keep saying, it needs to be shown in our compensation and treatment.

I don't think people are scared of anything. I think they are just content with the good money they make. And content with the benefits they receive. And knowing this company is going to be around for a long while.

You (or whomever) can bring up the changes in benefits or operations or whatever, but companies have to change to stay healthy financially. They all do or they die. As long as we can still make a good living here, it's fine with me. Just my opinion, of course.

I don't think people are scared of anything. I think they are just content with the good money they make. And content with the benefits they receive. And knowing this company is going to be around for a long while.

You (or whomever) can bring up the changes in benefits or operations or whatever, but companies have to change to stay healthy financially. They all do or they die. As long as we can still make a good living here, it's fine with me. Just my opinion, of course.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but contentment is not what I see and hear on a daily basis. We have drivers starving to death who have been here a couple of years. I know in the grand scheme of things that's not long, but it should certainly be long enough to not have to worry about paying the bills. They're tired of the disparity in pay by region, and they are tired of their work being passed on to cutthroat trucking companies willing to haul our freight for nothing. You yourself have said that we are not a cheap freight option for the marketplace, which should mean health financially. Then in the next sentence you say that we have to "change" to remain in business. FedEx has a uniform pay structure for all their drivers, and they are our biggest competitor. Our profit levels are similar. So where is all that money going from the bottom line? Into the executives pockets, that's where. Only a push back from us can change this mentality. We have more control than you think. Positive changes could be made for the drivers and we would remain as profitable as we are now, if not more so.

Hey beerfd, if this is such great place to work, how come experienced ltl drivers aren't beating down the door to work here? Maybe our reputation? Words already out about this place...it's a shame too

FedEx has a uniform pay structure for all their drivers,

Not true anymore. I know a driver who was there 12 yrs. Topped out, only got yearly cost of living raises. New people came in and it only took them 5 yrs to get to the top as per his 7. Then when they got raises, there were people there who made more than people that had been there 10, 12 and even 15 yrs. Lots of discord among the older drivers.

Hey beerfd, if this is such great place to work, how come experienced ltl drivers aren't beating down the door to work here? Maybe our reputation? Words already out about this place...it's a shame too

They don't want experienced people. They don't want to hire them.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but contentment is not what I see and hear on a daily basis. We have drivers starving to death who have been here a couple of years. I know in the grand scheme of things that's not long, but it should certainly be long enough to not have to worry about paying the bills. They're tired of the disparity in pay by region, and they are tired of their work being passed on to cutthroat trucking companies willing to haul our freight for nothing. You yourself have said that we are not a cheap freight option for the marketplace, which should mean health financially. Then in the next sentence you say that we have to "change" to remain in business. FedEx has a uniform pay structure for all their drivers, and they are our biggest competitor. Our profit levels are similar. So where is all that money going from the bottom line? Into the executives pockets, that's where. Only a push back from us can change this mentality. We have more control than you think. Positive changes could be made for the drivers and we would remain as profitable as we are now, if not more so.

You talk to a few people, if they're starving they need to go work elsewhere. The majority are happy, save rollin62.... That's why it's so hard to move up in seniority, not that many are quiting at the top.

You talk to a few people, if they're starving they need to go work elsewhere. The majority are happy, save rollin62.... That's why it's so hard to move up in seniority, not that many are quiting at the top.

Where do you suggest they go? Around here movement in any ltl company is nil. That's why it's so hard to move up, people stick around because there's nowhere else to go. The long-timers, sure there are some that are content, but a lot that I talk I have too much time invested to go elsewhere. That's another reason why nothing changes around here, management knows they have a mostly captive audience, they can so as they please and most will let it slide because they have too much time invested to move on.

They don't want experienced people. They don't want to hire them.
Makes sense. You can't bs an experienced ltl driver cause they will read the writing and leave. I've seen it. They want fresh meat to conwash and convince this is the the way it is and were the highest paid and the best of the best!!! So untrue...

Your Both Right but you forgot one simple Fact Con~way loves the turn over rate of there employees cause they can keep them below that top rate of pay they really don't want too many to hang around for very long cause they have to pay them more that's why you got scms running around writing people up for Dumb **** !!

Makes sense. You can't bs an experienced ltl driver cause they will read the writing and leave. I've seen it. They want fresh meat to conwash and convince this is the the way it is and were the highest paid and the best of the best!!! So untrue...

I would be willing to be that if you got the run you wanted, you wouldn't even be on here complaining about anything. You can't get the run you want, because people above you are not quiting. They're making good money and not going to quit.

I would be willing to be that if you got the run you wanted, you wouldn't even be on here complaining about anything. You can't get the run you want, because people above you are not quiting. They're making good money and not going to quit.
For Some reason, Subservice keeps taking my runs and theirs not a damn thing I can do about it except complain! Forgive me