Estes | 401k match back yet?

heavyduty

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anyone had their 401k matched yet. ESTES posted on Vanguard that they were starting .50 on $1.00 up to 2%, not the 3 but better than nothing. We haven't seen it yet but was supposed to start Jan 1, 2011. it is under plan communications.

Has anyone had their 401k matched yet. ESTES posted on Vanguard that they were starting .50 on $1.00 up to 2%, not the 3 but better than nothing. We haven't seen it yet but was supposed to start Jan 1, 2011. it is under plan communications.

Ok.....................

I'm buying scratchoffs with the extra money I would spend if I had a 401. I think my chances of retiring early are better. I already figured out that retirement is for those people that are used to living like an Amish person.

I would rather rely on my 3% from my IRA account,rather than taking the chance on the stock market right now..We've had one for 20 years...Not doing bad at all...Get the house paid off in 7 years,we'll be settin' good..Dew,looking at a possible 60 year old retirement...They are saying SS will be good until 2035...Maybe I'll get a little bit of it...If..I'm lucky..

I would rather rely on my 3% from my IRA account,rather than taking the chance on the stock market right now..We've had one for 20 years...Not doing bad at all...Get the house paid off in 7 years,we'll be settin' good..Dew,looking at a possible 60 year old retirement...They are saying SS will be good until 2035...Maybe I'll get a little bit of it...If..I'm lucky..
Your probably better off. The 401k has been going a losing gambling game for a while now. I have about 7 years on my house also. Both kids have their college paid for with the help of my wonderful parents. Truckers don't live long anyhow lol. I believe the trump will sound before we cross that bridge.

I can't speak for this one, heavyduty... but do know that other 401's I was in... they only put their contributions in quarterly. So if that's the case here, it's gonna be a bit till you see it

Thanks Mildew! Had my boots off trying to that there mathematics thing, and ended up passing out from the noxious odors! You're my hero!:notworthy::LMAO:

Thanks fellow drivers. We got to thinking about the quarterly deal the other day. I never had any kind of retirement before either besides asteering wheel. Didn't figure I would last this long either. I haven't done too bad this yr without the match. If they do they do. Thanks again andwishing everyone a great weekend. Get ready for the races!

Just had my 3rd contribution put into the 401k program, Heavy duty.... and yes, they are matching their share weekly, not quarterly like I said could happen. Not much... but when they add it weekly, every bit counts, and this money helps to build your account faster

thats how they used todo ours but we haven't seen it yet. Thanks for the input. I'll have to check into it again. Yeah,every little bit adds up but 0 is 0!