i know jevic still hasn't got their sh*t together as of 1530 cst our accounts are still showing active. it's been 2 weeks, geesh.:chairshot:

just got an e-mail today from cathy , check it out guys........................................................... We are finalizing the termination of the 401k plan and your account should be available for rollover or distribution within a week or so. A letter will be sent from Fidelity and Jevic Transportation - Employee Information will be updated to let everyone know when the plan is terminated.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jeanine Dunphy
> Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 2:08 PM
> To: Kathy Jehens
> Subject: FW: 401k
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [SMTP:[email protected]]
> Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 2:04 PM
> To: Jeanine Dunphy
> Subject: Re: 401k
>
> i did , they said jevic must file they have closed .........when will jevic inform fidelity ?
>

There are different ways to you figure out what your options are with your 401(k). If you have any questions, I can walk you through it. My number is 215-587-4697. I have been working with Jevic employees for the past 3 weeks to help see what you'll actually get and when you can get it. For many people it is still "frozen."

Also, there may be some surprises for a few people depending on how long you worked at Jevic for.

Teresa
215 587 4697

There are different ways to you figure out what your options are with your 401(k). If you have any questions, I can walk you through it. My number is 215-587-4697. I have been working with Jevic employees for the past 3 weeks to help see what you'll actually get and when you can get it. For many people it is still "frozen."

Also, there may be some surprises for a few people depending on how long you worked at Jevic for.

Teresa
215 587 4697

Gotta tell ya, Merrill Lynch majorly screwed me over when I rolled my 401K over into a self-directed IRA. In 15 years they managed to return to me exactly what I originally rolled over. Not a company I'd be interested in talking to right now.

Gotta tell ya, Merrill Lynch majorly screwed me over when I rolled my 401K over into a self-directed IRA. In 15 years they managed to return to me exactly what I originally rolled over. Not a company I'd be interested in talking to right now.

The key words in your post are "self directed". I don't see why you have a problem with Merrill if you made the choices. Just curious.......

The key words in your post are "self directed". I don't see why you have a problem with Merrill if you made the choices. Just curious.......

Because the "choices" that were available were only proprietary, in-house products. ML is/was the target of a class-action lawsuit over the "steering' their "financial advisors" performed.

We pulled ours when the began bouncing us between representatives and every representative dissuaded us from investing in straight stock, which is where we wanted to be all along. When we tried to invest in the Dow 5, they invested it in a mutual fund of theirs called the Dow 20.

"Self directed" is a misnomer when it comes to what ML has to offer.

i agree that both of you have every right to be upset. i started working in retirement and financial planning because the same things happened to someone in my own family.

why am i extending myself to jevic? i started working with jevic employees because my own father was a truck driver in philadelphia. i initially spoke to 2-3 people and now, 3 weeks later, i have spoken to over 175 people from your company.

if i can help, great. if you choose not to call, that is fine too. the local community has been moved by your story and some of us are trying to help.

regardless of who you use, i urge you to please seek out the information and educate yourself on what your options are. please take your time, if possible, before making any decisions that affect you and your family.

teresa
215 840 4749

Because the "choices" that were available were only proprietary, in-house products. ML is/was the target of a class-action lawsuit over the "steering' their "financial advisors" performed.

We pulled ours when the began bouncing us between representatives and every representative dissuaded us from investing in straight stock, which is where we wanted to be all along. When we tried to invest in the Dow 5, they invested it in a mutual fund of theirs called the Dow 20.

"Self directed" is a misnomer when it comes to what ML has to offer.

Okay, thanks. Just wanted some clarification. Good luck.