FedEx Freight | 401k

shakey

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anyone here pay for vanguard to manage their funds or do you watch them yourself. Looks like they charge you $5 for every $15k they manage but they say they have better results than you doing them yourself. Just courious if anyone would recommend their fee based service ?

Does anyone here pay for vanguard to manage their funds or do you watch them yourself. Looks like they charge you $5 for every $15k they manage but they say they have better results than you doing them yourself. Just courious if anyone would recommend their fee based service ?

I pay them,and I'm extremely satisfied. I guarantee I'm ahead of people that manage their own.

I let them manage mine also....figure if they want to make more they will have to make you more. I however only max at what I can get from the company...free money is free money
Hence I only put 6% in with fedex....

RC maxes out what he is legally available to do. Structures it such that RC maxes out on the last paycheck of the year so that RC gets the company match for all 52 checks. RC is therefore able to reduce his taxable income by $23,000 yearly, which means RC pays fewer taxes.

Thanks guys.... I think I will try it for the remainder of the year. Could always go back if im not happy.

We have a deal with Vanguard. We won't manage the money, and they won't drive our trucks. I mean really if you think you can do a better job, then stop driving a truck and become a financial adviser. Now that I have retired, I've taken my money out of Vanguard as required by law and a financial advisor is handling it. It cost me 2500 a year for that service, but its worked out very well so far. I can check my account on line and its really nice to receive my pension check and my 401K check the first of the month. TP