Yellow | 4hr casuals working 8 to 12 hours

wannabe

TB Lurker
Credits
have 14 men layed off 5 or 6 on soft lay off are working contract says 4hr dock nothing about 4hr p@d isnt this a violation of the contract they have 2 now looking to hire 18 more what can be done to stop this anyone on layoff will never be called back supervisor is abusing and lol

have 14 men layed off 5 or 6 on soft lay off are working contract says 4hr dock nothing about 4hr p@d isnt this a violation of the contract they have 2 now looking to hire 18 more what can be done to stop this anyone on layoff will never be called back supervisor is abusing and lol

Amazing isn't it? Best contract ever, remember... :hysterical:

Hey wannabe........make sure your shop steward and BA are getting this information so a complaint will be filed on it!! DS.

has anybody seen it in writing that they can put a 4hr casual on the street yellow and holland are not doing it if this is allowed we are all doomed also the union isnt benefitting because they pay no dues and take work from those who do

cashcow why would the company let a man get a senority position at a higher rate when they can get away with 14hr they sent me home after my 8 and kept him out for 11hrs this needs to be stopped or it will spread like wildfire to your terminal

I think the point I was trying to make is that they just hired a bunch of 14$ hr casuals and are using them. some for 8,10,12 hrs at 681 while we have 12 city men laid off .

has anybody seen it in writing that they can put a 4hr casual on the street yellow and holland are not doing it if this is allowed we are all doomed also the union isnt benefitting because they pay no dues and take work from those who do

From what I understand the companies have to pay benifits on all hours worked by the part timers although the part timers will never get to collect unless they fall through the hole somewhere and make the list So,who benifits from the part timers??the company and the and the,Union..:funky:Pay day for the union:funky: but to look at it positive,its money going into the benifits that you and I recieve..So I guess it would be a Catch 22...

They contract I read said not allowed on street unless agreed to localy. Already let my BA know how I feel about it.:1036316054:

I'll go back and read it but I read that no 4 hrs could be used unless everyone was called back.:chairshot:If thats the case then file on it everyday!!!! Supervisor is just heat in the seat til the next one fills his spot... Follow the contract or FU!!

By the way, this contract got voted in whether we like it or not! I dont need to know if you voted for or against it, and I dont need to know if you think its the "best contract ever"....cut the sarcasm and lets go out there and do our jobs and hope for the best!!:hide:

By the way, this contract got voted in whether we like it or not! I dont need to know if you voted for or against it, and I dont need to know if you think its the "best contract ever"....cut the sarcasm and lets go out there and do our jobs and hope for the best!!:hide:
Yep, the way it was explained to our boys at the info meetings at the hall it was all a gray area and any problems would be settled by special committee.

You could see it coming from 2 miles away, this marvelous interpretation of the contract. Heck, the 25% layoff rule sounded pretty cut and dry as explained but a guy at our barn filed because he wasn't recalled per terms of"The Agreement". Guy got 2 weeks pay+H&W because RDWY thought something else applied.
We had to put an end to a pretty boy linehauler that thought he was a UE and wanted to hook his own sets while guys were at the barn.
So much for solidarity anymore. Guess the new changes will really change the bottom line of linehaulers.