ODFL | 4th of July terminals closed

easttnhillbilly

TB Regular
Credits
I hear there are a couple of terminals in the Midwest in hot water over shutting there terminals Down from we'd to mon causing freight to back up and loads not to be delivered has anyone else herd this

Probably one of those things where it's left up to the TM based on recent years. When the customers complain the fingers point. Then: :****: hits the fan. Happens everywhere.

About all non-hub terms closed 4th. Hubs had skeleton staff for hot freight. Relays ran. Schedules like mine didn't run. Could have volunteered, yet didn't this year. No street freight. All the regular faces were seen at PAR hub Fri night (5th) from spokes. New rules caused a lot of back up. Even though legal, a 34 restart before July 1st, allowed extra run that went out Sat/Sun. BLU required 2, 01:00 to 05:00 in order to get a new restart. So persons like myself didn't do any extra Sat, Sun runs. Back up actually started to develop earlier, then snowballed by 4th.That was main reason for back up. National level didn't realize how much freight is moved by those who do extra weekend running, especially on holidays. Then due to new restart rules. (168hr), no regular runners able to do extra on Sat/Sun and still do regular run this week. Of course MOST freight runs into the 01:00 to 05:00. So, new rules really bites operations like OD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Word is out here where I'm at now is that a few hubs in the center of the country didnt run on the fourth like they where instructed to that's why freight is getting out here late