Central Transport | 4th QTR earnings projection....

Vitran | Press Release

For the year ended December 31, 2012, Vitran posted revenue of $702.9 million or 2.4% increase compared to $686.2 million for the 2011 year. Vitran reported a net loss from continuing operations of $42.6 million

For the fourth quarter of 2012, Vitran reported consolidated revenue decreased to $164.3 million compared to $172.5 million in the fourth quarter of 2011. Net loss from continuing operations was $18.0 million

we are making headway in some regards, our shipments are making us more money (streamline operations, lower os&d claims ratios, or just not hauling freight that costs us money?)

Revenue (000's) $702,914 * 2.8%
No. of Shipments 4,374,202 1.8%
Weight (000's lbs) 6,430,070 0.5%
Revenue per shipment $160.70 * 0.9%
Revenue per CWT $10.93 * 2.3%

15.3 million loss and 109 OR Unbeliveable !!!!!! At this rate we will be bankrupt by the start of the 4 th quarter !!!

"Vitran intends to use a portion of the net proceeds from this transaction to fully reduce its outstanding debt under its senior revolving credit facility, and will have approximately $50.0 million of remaining cash on the balance sheet"

smart move, get rid of the debt and the cost of servicing it too. i did not approve of the sale of the sco at first, but now that we now it was sold for more than have in debt, and they intend to pay debts off, i am real happy.

how are we rating this? closest guess but not higher (like price is right) or the one just the closest to the number?

time to go to work, i may be chiming in later on mobile (if i get more than a bathroom break amount of time to myself today)

LTL sector operating ratio (expenses divided by revenues) of 109% is bad. It was 102% last year. $15 million lost in the last quarter of 2012 versus $4 million lost in the last quarter of 2011. Business levels and revenues have increased and yet these increases are far outweighed by the increases in expenses. I ain't no financial whiz but if I was to draw a graph and project how long it will take to burn through $50 million dollars...

Vitran Reports 2012 Year-End and Fourth Quarter Results - Seeking Alpha

Ive been here once before i drove for the largest medical supply company in America when i lived in Florida ,it went through the same crap i,m seeing now happen to vitran! the company eventually merged with the 2nd largest company in America ,my stock split i made a bundle i moved back north! Someone will pick us up eventually there just waiting for the right time!

I believe my first post was $18-$22 M haha
Knew it....this is why all the regional managers have left....
No idea how they plan on saving $20 million dollars....

always up for a little fun ( a lot of fun if I won, only little since he won :17:)
Yeah at times we need to chill and not be so serious and yes just have a little fun... ....There is a time to get down to certain issues....But don't worry NW all the regulars on here know who the go to guy is for info.:grouphug: