SAIA | Make Saia Great Again

Saia will never be great again, unless they can talk Train out of retirement and remove all the stop signs in Texas
I enjoy sitting on the sidelines and watching. My current friends that must continue to work there remind me of why my early retirement was no mistake. I enjoy harassing HR by constantly reapplying knowing that they are thinking.... WTF! I’m a sick bastard!:burnsauce:

For a minute today I thought Train moved to the Buckeye after watching the Saia follow me thru a nice red stop light. Just messing with ya Train
The other LTL’s just need to enjoy the time they have now without big brother watching because it’s coming to them all. All major players will have them within 2 or 3 years. Insurance companies along with liability issues will demand them. Just wait and see.

The other LTL’s just need to enjoy the time they have now without big brother watching because it’s coming to them all. All major players will have them within 2 or 3 years. Insurance companies along with liability issues will demand them. Just wait and see.

I hope we're wrong, but I think it will be standard equipment on all in our future, not just LTLs.

I hope we're wrong, but I think it will be standard equipment on all in our future, not just LTLs.
I think many of us agree the camera is not the issue the policy and the unfair disciplinary practices are the issue. Of course all carriers will have them before it’s over due to insurance but they won’t all have the ridiculous policy saia has

I think many of us agree the camera is not the issue the policy and the unfair disciplinary practices are the issue. Of course all carriers will have them before it’s over due to insurance but they won’t all have the ridiculous policy saia has
Trucking companies need to find other ways of saving money besides SPENDING money to save on insurance. Most of the companies own their one insurance company. Here's a thought, get rid of the upper fat that's causing stupid crap like cameras watching the very people you have training sessions for, several times per year.

Hey any of you Saia guys here work at Burr Ridge? Is Phil M still the big wheel there? How about Bob S?

I have to agree, the camera and its everwatching sensors are the physical manifestation of the real issue, which is the unattainable goal of "we can always do better " resulting in less expense to the bottom line safety program. Every quarterly meeting always has the obligatory but "we can always do better" part. Accidents may be next to zero and profit losses, from those accidents, can be next to zero but "we can always do better". In order to prove, that we can do better and to help motivate the drivers to do better, there has to be proof, of a violation, and consequences for that violation. This is where the camera, it's sensors, and keeping the insurance companies happy come into play.

For those of us, who actually sit behind the wheel, some of this video "help" is beyond trivial but, unfortunately, management and the insurance companies, who management needs to keep happy and thus keep their jobs, think that these trivial episodes, are not trivial and need to be nipped, in the bud, by punishing the transgressors with punishment up to and including termination. Train's trivial action, of slow rolling through a stop sign, is a perfect example. I think, that it is fair to say, that the resulting kangaroo court and punishment, helped influence Train's decision, as to when to retire, which cost the company the services of a dedicated and profit making employee. In this particular situation, cutting off your nose to spite your face comes to mind.

The success or failure and this program will not be allowed to fail, of the"we can always do better" program, is determined by the record of how many video infractions are coached and punished. The number of coaching sessions and increasing punishment totals, which are demanded by management, to prove that they are implementing the program and at the same time validating their own worth, to the company, never goes down only up along with a corresponding uptick, in the loss of good dedicated employees.

This is a self defeating program but it is here to stay and damn the employees we can find new ones to take their place. The sad part is, that eventually, management types, in order to validate their worth to the company, will decide, based on their own interests, that the program is not working, sell a new safety program, and then start patting each other on the back, for this new and even more profitable version of a safety plan. The one number, that is never discussed, is how many bodies of good employees are left lying in the road, from the " we can always do better" program. You can bet that those numbers, of bodies, will be bettered, by the numbers, from the new plan. After all, "we can always do better."