5 am

TedWard

on the Chainwax
Credits
dolly.jpg

I got a new cascadia, no dolly is going on my seat!! I will stuff that ***** where it belongs, in the trailer!!!

Hey Ted, what size trailer is that? Looks like a PFG trailer coming in from shuttle..LOL!!!!!

I got a new cascadia, no dolly is going on my seat!! I will stuff that ***** where it belongs, in the trailer!!!

Hey Ted, what size trailer is that? Looks like a PFG trailer coming in from shuttle..LOL!!!!!

Do as the Pepsi and Coke guys do and get a dolly holder for the front of my truck, LOL.

My dolly goes in the trailer only, usally lays across the top of two pallets since I am usally loaded full, 14 pallets.

Do as the Pepsi and Coke guys do and get a dolly holder for the front of my truck, LOL.

My dolly goes in the trailer only, usally lays across the top of two pallets since I am usally loaded full, 14 pallets.
Oh my, here we go, gotta put my wader boots on..LOL...just kiddin ya RR, I know what you mean, nothing like a pup with 800 plus cases, gotta love that!!!!

GT, it was a pup, we all hate them unless we're really light. There was another guy who had it worse than the guy in the photo, 800 cases on a pup, on one of the worst routes we have. I heard he was running four hours behind.

I ran out of a shuttle yard for a few months. We sometimes had to pull the ramp out so we could walk up to throw the dolly on top of the pallets like rr said. The first two or three stops might be 15~20 cases each, so we would have to throw three pallets in the street to find the stuff, then throw it back on the trailer, again and again. The only good thing was we never saw the boss, other than that, I don't miss it.

I did one time put my dolly in the passenger seat when I had to bobtail, it didn't sit too well.

I know I'm not really looking forward to pulling a pup. Gotta use the side door to unload the freezer. But it will be nice to get around. Ive never had to put my dolly in the cab or atleast I cant remember. If I have to I would just strap it to my cat walk behind the cab.

The first two or three stops might be 15~20 cases each, so we would have to throw three pallets in the street to find the stuff, then throw it back on the trailer, again and again.
THAT'S the part of doing such work that I couldn't and would never agree to do. Seems IF there was COMMON SENSE used AND that the Routes were supposedly PLANNED OUT, WHY then do Drivers need LOOK, LOOK, LOOK for items at stops??
STUPID PLANNERS, LOADERS and warehouse managers and the seeming "go along to get along" drivers.

Then there are those nut job customers......end of line

I know I'm not really looking forward to pulling a pup. Gotta use the side door to unload the freezer. But it will be nice to get around. Ive never had to put my dolly in the cab or atleast I cant remember. If I have to I would just strap it to my cat walk behind the cab.
I always strapped mine to the catwalk, tried that at sysco one time when the trailer was full, the front of the trailer ate my dolly on my turn out of the yard, seems the 9200's have a 5th wheel set closer to the cab than the 8600 internationals...LOL!!

THAT'S the part of doing such work that I couldn't and would never agree to do. Seems IF there was COMMON SENSE used AND that the Routes were supposedly PLANNED OUT, WHY then do Drivers need LOOK, LOOK, LOOK for items at stops??
STUPID PLANNERS, LOADERS and warehouse managers and the seeming "go along to get along" drivers.

Then there are those nut job customers......end of line
Thing is CK, not everything can be perfect when the warehouse guys pull the orders, according to my friends at Tankersley, they have gotten pretty close, Sysco never will I don't think, once one problem gets fixed another one seems to crop up, this company is dedicated to getting their moneys worth, I cant blame them for that, we are so slow now, its painfull, so painfull that I'm looking around, I hate that but I have responsibilities to take care of and grossing our minimum and sometimes less, when they screw up our pay, just don't cut it!

Any suggestions?

yes yes, I snagged some bungee cords from the shop to strap it to the catwalk for subsequent adventures, but now we're slip seating so who knows where those bungees are.

I am only as good as my selector/router/loader. If they want to put the early stops on bottom of the pallet and the later stops on top, and they want to run me back and forth and back and forth across town all day (politely waving to the other sysco drivers I pass, sometimes several times a day) and if the loader doesn't want to shrink wrap and strap the pallets in properly (so two or three of them fall over) then I will have a hard day. And after my back is broken and my a$$ is busted I get yelled at because no other driver ever falls behind. I must have been goofing off all day.

We bid on routes every December, and start the new routes the first full week of January. I'm pretty excited about the one I got compared to previous years. The warehouse bids too, so I think I may have gotten good selectors, but the loader needs to be disciplined.

I don't know GT, I've been blessed, if things get slow I hustle up some computer work, or sell some gadgets I foolishly bought when I was overwhelmed with work.

Yay! I'm on vacation for two weeks! People act like I'm crazy for taking them both right away, but I'm exhausted, and I've got some unfinished business in my basement.

yes yes, I snagged some bungee cords from the shop to strap it to the catwalk for subsequent adventures, but now we're slip seating so who knows where those bungees are.

I am only as good as my selector/router/loader. If they want to put the early stops on bottom of the pallet and the later stops on top, and they want to run me back and forth and back and forth across town all day (politely waving to the other sysco drivers I pass, sometimes several times a day) and if the loader doesn't want to shrink wrap and strap the pallets in properly (so two or three of them fall over) then I will have a hard day. And after my back is broken and my a$$ is busted I get yelled at because no other driver ever falls behind. I must have been goofing off all day.

We bid on routes every December, and start the new routes the first full week of January. I'm pretty excited about the one I got compared to previous years. The warehouse bids too, so I think I may have gotten good selectors, but the loader needs to be disciplined.

I don't know GT, I've been blessed, if things get slow I hustle up some computer work, or sell some gadgets I foolishly bought when I was overwhelmed with work.

Yay! I'm on vacation for two weeks! People act like I'm crazy for taking them both right away, but I'm exhausted, and I've got some unfinished business in my basement.
God Bless you Ted, enjoy your weeks, you have more than earned them!!!!!

When I was Temping in '09 and '10 with a driver temp service, I occasionally helped some Reefer Drivers that were basically out of hours with a few stops.
Pallets loaded sideways and electric Pallet jacks on a WET floor made removal almost impossible as well having to dig through almost EVERY PALLET for stop pieces. Y'all doing a fine job from my perspective!!
Those experiences stopped and I'm now doing Local and multi-state deliveries with DRY VAN straight trucks and Combos from/to Docks.
No slip and bust yer arse ramps for me thanx!!

CHEERS!!