XPO | 5% give back, lose 401K match....

just a note on something I dont understand. I know of a smaller barn that let go
both CSR'S,(both long term employees) leaving a SCM and FOS, yes business is down, but the work is still there it is taking the two salaried people working long hours to try and do everything, no time for the kind of Customer Service the customers were accustomed to which contributes to business being even slower and the Service Center was very profitable and had been for years with the two CSR salaries... to me it seems like they would look at each service center and the profits/losses and so on, its just how I see it, maybe I am nieve and clueless but it doesnt make sense to me...

If Conway has taken away, made cuts,terminated, etc and it works in their favor and means more money for those at the top, it'll stay this way and I bet their attitude is if you don't like it work elsewhere

Trust me

The property may have been leased by Conway, and the owners of the property have put it up for sale. I don't know for sure, but that could be the case.

The building is owned by Conway. I have no reason to make this up. It really is owned by Conway.

You know thats exactly what we've heard truckload drivers will take over linehaul, the last time we were shown a video and heard how much better things were going to be by closing some of the terminals and everyone working together a few weeks later there was a huge company wide lay off, which some of us asked during this video if that was going to be the outcome and they beat around the bush on that too.

If Conway has taken away, made cuts,terminated, etc and it works in their favor and means more money for those at the top, it'll stay this way and I bet their attitude is if you don't like it work elsewhere

I enjoy a little gambling but I would not take that bet, 'cause you're right.

I enjoy a little gambling but I would not take that bet, 'cause you're right.

However, there are quite a few on here that would say you are wrong......If you are looking to make a few bucks.

Yes I was referring to those in Emerald City. I worked here for 24 years and was promised a pension "better than the teamsters" they took that away for a "better" plan in the 401k now I lost 8% of that. No chance of retiring from con-way now, as soon as the enconomy turns around I'll be looking for anything with a pension so maybe I can work 10 years to get something from somewhere else. I'm sure Doug is worrying about his retirement too. 1.25 mil is tough to live on.

Yes I was referring to those in Emerald City. I worked here for 24 years and was promised a pension "better than the teamsters" they took that away for a "better" plan in the 401k now I lost 8% of that. No chance of retiring from con-way now, as soon as the enconomy turns around I'll be looking for anything with a pension so maybe I can work 10 years to get something from somewhere else. I'm sure Doug is worrying about his retirement too. 1.25 mil is tough to live on.

This is what we "should" be more upset about than ANYTHING!!!!!!!

Alright let's all quit crying and let's make a stand and be heard call this #202-624-6800 international brotherhood of teamsters.I know alot of you are going to say i'm crazy but i'm sick and tried of the greed this company has and we all need to call.Like i 've said before i've been here with this company for a long time and i'm done with them.Yeah go ahead and say it quit if you don't like it.I just might do that but i won't to stick around and see what's going to happen with this $HIT hole in the next few months when they take more from us.I might get kicked of this web site for this reply but it is just something i had to get off my chest.

Alright let's all quit crying and let's make a stand and be heard call this #202-624-6800 international brotherhood of teamsters.I know alot of you are going to say i'm crazy but i'm sick and tried of the greed this company has and we all need to call.Like i 've said before i've been here with this company for a long time and i'm done with them.Yeah go ahead and say it quit if you don't like it.I just might do that but i won't to stick around and see what's going to happen with this $HIT hole in the next few months when they take more from us.I might get kicked of this web site for this reply but it is just something i had to get off my chest.

Go to the YRC boards and see how well that is working for them...hundreds of people are getting screwed in the merger...good hard working folks whose lives have been turned to sh*t...and the IBT couldn't do a d*amn thing about it...

You wan't to belly up CW???...vote for organized labor.

They can't and will never be able to operate as a unionized company...the structure won't support it!!!

Rat :loser:

Go to the YRC boards and see how well that is working for them...hundreds of people are getting screwed in the merger...good hard working folks whose lives have been turned to sh*t...and the IBT couldn't do a d*amn thing about it...

You wan't to belly up CW???...vote for organized labor.

They can't and will never be able to operate as a unionized company...the structure won't support it!!!

Rat :loser:

What does the union have to do with a merger?

Everything is going to change when the Employee Free Choice act passes. If their management doesn't change their "love it or leave it" attitude their union busting reps are going to have some work on their hands.

I laugh at how easily I was mislead into believing all of that anti-union propaganda crap now. I especially laugh when they tried to persuade us who to vote for the night before the presidential election. I think I hear Karma making it's way around :whistle:

CW doesn't care if they "belly up" me, I have no more loyalty to them. They were built on my back and all the other 20+ year employee's. The new hires don't want to work and don't even know what a 30 second sales call is, and yet they aren't losing nearly what the long timers are.

Sick and Tired

And the next time you should help good ol Con Way by providing your own K.Y. to save them the expense. Opps thats right they didnt use any, My bad.

You know thats exactly what we've heard truckload drivers will take over linehaul, the last time we were shown a video and heard how much better things were going to be by closing some of the terminals and everyone working together a few weeks later there was a huge company wide lay off, which some of us asked during this video if that was going to be the outcome and they beat around the bush on that too.

truckload linehaul teams working for .30cpm and city drivers will be independant contractors in trucks under 26,000 pounds so no CDL required

To work for a company that has their employees interest at heart. By doing these cutbacks they are virtually saving this company from going out of business and pretty much saving all of our jobs. We will now be the leaders in the LTL business and the strongest financially. Stay positive, be proud that you are doing your part to help out. Be glad you have a job! Plus we still have our ICP. If we all pick up our pace and be better employees, we can get next years ICP over the top and make up for the wages and company matched 401k contributions we just lost. Plus this will help Conway stocks soar. Its a win, win situation.

Man aren't you the glass is half full kind of guy. Do you really care if this company stays in business? Why would you, they are taking your vacation away, taking your retirement away and for the ICP, well we all see where that has gone. A company that goes out of business today creates jobs at other companies and since we are losing everything here, why would you hesitate to go somewhere else?