XPO | 5% give back, lose 401K match....

I don't know. But based on history, it will be something.

Our own self respect. Thats what they have taken from me. Its getting harder to walk through the door every day. Mondays are always worse...what will we lose at this meeting i wonder. And how will they spin it to make us feel good about it. Well the good old days of feeling good about conway are long over, now its just a job,just a paycheck,nothing to look forward to. Work till ya die!! thats what they want from us worker units eanyway.

Our own self respect. Thats what they have taken from me. Its getting harder to walk through the door every day. Mondays are always worse...what will we lose at this meeting i wonder. And how will they spin it to make us feel good about it. Well the good old days of feeling good about conway are long over, now its just a job,just a paycheck,nothing to look forward to. Work till ya die!! thats what they want from us worker units eanyway.

Self respect..??? Nah, I'll keep mine, they can't have it...

:biglaugh: What concessions? They basically told us what they were going to do, then told us if we had a problem with it, to use the open door policy. Then opened the door that leads to the parking lot. That's not a concession, that's an ultimatum.

Yeah, here's the door. They don't give a rat's a** about anyone. It is all about the mighty buck and how much they can hoard. Didn't give us any choices. Just here it is and if you don't like it, walk! The only problem is there is no where to walk and they know it. :nutkick:

man, sounds like you have been reading my mind. just a paycheck that is all. I have felt like that for about 5 years now.

i bet u any money that when this economy gets back to normal they will not give us back the 5%, and a lot of good drivers are going to jump ship and go somewhere else that is just my opinion,meow

i bet u any money that when this economy gets back to normal they will not give us back the 5%, and a lot of good drivers are going to jump ship and go somewhere else that is just my opinion,meow
Though the 5% is a big issue, I think having no pension is the bigger issue. Between that and the pretty much useless 401K, will be the real reason people will jump ship.

Though the 5% is a big issue, I think having no pension is the bigger issue. Between that and the pretty much useless 401K, will be the real reason people will jump ship.

I wish it was only 5%. It is more like %15 and the theft of one years vacatioin/PTO days. Giving back is one thing but the outright theft of our vacation time is a big issue with me. The 15% is a day to day thing but the vacation time is that they reached right into my wallet and stole that time with not so much of of a thank you! :nutkick:

I wish it was only 5%. It is more like %15 and the theft of one years vacatioin/PTO days. Giving back is one thing but the outright theft of our vacation time is a big issue with me. The 15% is a day to day thing but the vacation time is that they reached right into my wallet and stole that time with not so much of of a thank you! :nutkick:
Pretty slick, aren't they?

I heard it is only a book keeping change and that we will not even see a difference.

Self respect..??? you lost it 1/27/09 post#15 You know what thread.

No sir, you are wrong...that was the day YOU lost respect for me, I believe you said...I held true to my convictions that day, meant EVERY word, and still do, and take none of it back...I CAN look in the mirror each day, and I am ok with it..

That does not suprise me in the least!

Then I am glad...Sometimes people don't have their priorities straight, and want to flaunt their personal agenda ahead of everything, even a dead colleague...some people, myself included, just won't tolerate that...if you can't figure that out, or understand it, oh well, I guess we just move on...have a good day...on my way to the dungeon, things to do...