XPO | 5% give back, lose 401K match....

why don't you all write the federal motor carrier safety administration again and ask for more hours so you all can work more and drive more miles ?

exactly...you either don't take any this year, and retire in January with all of it, or you don't take any next year, and retire with all of it..

This just in!

TO; All of our valued employees

FROM; Your benevolent leaders

RE; Corporate Survival

Knowing that you all have short memories and that we can do what ever we want, it has been determined that we need more money. What a better way then to continue to skim from yours! No one notices if we just take some off the top. A pension here, health care there. See? It's been painless. Believe me when I say that we at the top....where you are not.....We feel your sacrifices just as as hard. Worse actually. 5% of a bigger salary is a much bigger sacrifice. I just can't find the words to describe how tough it is at the top....er, I mean out there in this oppressive economy.

To the point;
Paychecks (Including mine) for July will be deferred. This is just a book keeping change and will result in no loss to you.....Really. Will explain at a later date how this benefits Conway and therefore benefits you. It WILL make US more competitive.

You will never notice this initiative but you may want to save your paychecks from June to get you through July. For those of you that are unexplainably upset, this is an at will employerer and you are welcome to seperate yourself.

If nobody has told you we appreciate all your efforts over the years, - better luck tommorow.

We care about YOUR future.
ISWM

Your Clearly Superior Superior.

This just in!

TO; All of our valued employees

FROM; Your benevolent leaders

RE; Corporate Survival

Knowing that you all have short memories and that we can do what ever we want, it has been determined that we need more money. What a better way then to continue to skim from yours! No one notices if we just take some off the top. A pension here, health care there. See? It's been painless. Believe me when I say that we at the top....where you are not.....We feel your sacrifices just as as hard. Worse actually. 5% of a bigger salary is a much bigger sacrifice. I just can't find the words to describe how tough it is at the top....er, I mean out there in this oppressive economy.

To the point;
Paychecks (Including mine) for July will be deferred. This is just a book keeping change and will result in no loss to you.....Really. Will explain at a later date how this benefits Conway and therefore benefits you. It WILL make US more competitive.

You will never notice this initiative but you may want to save your paychecks from June to get you through July. For those of you that are unexplainably upset, this is an at will employerer and you are welcome to seperate yourself.

If nobody has told you we appreciate all your efforts over the years, - better luck tommorow.

We care about YOUR future.
ISWM

Your Clearly Superior Superior.
I just figured out what they mean by "it starts with me";
The Pay Cut... ISWM.

Until you want to retire in January, and don't have 5-6 weeks vacation to take with you.

To begin with the new vacation plan is never going to work as outlined.

Lets look at it logically (forgetting the 3 months of accrural for next year) and simply!

Here is the scenario... DSRs John or Mary have enough time for 4 weeks vacation...

Under the new plan they will acumulate 1/12 of their vacation every month.

Jan 1 thru March 31 - 1 week
April 1 thru June 31 - 1 week

So far so good...

July 1 thru Sept. 30 - 1 week

Now we are in the latter half of the year...things are starting to bunch up.

Oct 1 thru Dec 31 - 1 week

End of the calendar year and everyone in this company will not have earned the last of their vacation until the clock strikes midnight on Dec 31...

The only option is to carry over some of your vacation the next year. Hence you will have lost the opportunity to use some of your available vacation for the year you earned it.

Seems to me this should be an option of the employee and not due to some change of policy mandated by the Crystal Skulls.

So now you have been forced to roll over at least some vacation to the following year...every year. This is a logistical nightmare...

John L.'s reasoning for the change was "every other company does this way!"

What he failed to either realize or understand is the fact this 1/12th accrural is for the following year...

In other words...you accrue 1/12th of your available vacation every month to be used the following year! Instead of allocating all vacation monies at the beginning of the accounting cycle it is accrued on a monthly basis. Therefore if someone leaves the company prior to the end of the year they are entitled only those months they have worked....

NO COMPANY accrues vacation based on service in the current vacation year...

That is just nuts and to be blunt assinine!!

Even with the so called deficit it still isn't going to work...not when you don't earn the last of your vacation till the end of the year.

Another poorly thought out policy decision...

Rat :loser:

Lets look at it logically (forgetting the 3 months of accrural for next year) and simply!

Here is the scenario... DSRs John or Mary have enough time for 4 weeks vacation...

So far so good...

End of the calendar year and everyone in this company will not have earned the last of their vacation until the clock strikes midnight on Dec 31...

The only option is to carry over some of your vacation the next year. Hence you will have lost the opportunity to use some of your available vacation for the year you earned it.

Seems to me this should be an option of the employee and not due to some change of policy mandated by the Crystal Skulls.

So now you have been forced to roll over at least some vacation to the following year...every year. This is a logistical nightmare...

What he failed to either realize or understand is the fact this 1/12th accrural is for the following year...

In other words...you accrue 1/12th of your available vacation every month to be used the following year! Instead of allocating all vacation monies at the beginning of the accounting cycle it is accrued on a monthly basis. Therefore if someone leaves the company prior to the end of the year they are entitled only those months they have worked....

Even with the so called deficit it still isn't going to work...not when you don't earn the last of your vacation till the end of the year.

Ummmmm.....you put way, way, way too much thought into this.....

I have only one thing to say to you my friend...

DECAF....

Ummmmm.....you put way, way, way too much thought into this.....

I have only one thing to say to you my friend...

DECAF....

DECAF with Bailey's Irish Cream...Yummm!!!

Not too much thought...just common sense. Something obviously lacking when this decision was made.

DECAF with Bailey's Irish Cream...Yummm!!!

Not too much thought...just common sense. Something obviously lacking when this decision was made.

Oh.....well see now there is your problem.....

"common sense", and "decision" in the same sentence?????

Pleeeeeeezzzzzeeee.

Oh.....well see now there is your problem.....

"common sense", and "decision" in the same sentence?????

Pleeeeeeezzzzzeeee.

MY BAD!!!...what the hell was I thinking!!!????...thanks for pointing this out...

I must seek counseling!!!

Does insurance cover that?

So far so good...

John was at our place this week...He told all our employees that , yes, the vacation piece was a takeaway, and yes, he thought they communicated it poorly, which is why you will see some adjustments coming on the 4/1 video...
two things: you can take it as you earn it under the new policy, and they are going to let you go negative, up to 10 days, to allow folks to take vacation early in the year...

John was at our place this week...He told all our employees that , yes, the vacation piece was a takeaway, and yes, he thought they communicated it poorly, which is why you will see some adjustments coming on the 4/1 video...
two things: you can take it as you earn it under the new policy, and they are going to let you go negative, up to 10 days, to allow folks to take vacation early in the year...

Sorry, there was a third thing....You will also be able to roll as much to next year as you want....If you have 5 weeks this year, and you want to roll them to next year, you will be able to do that..

I probably won't take any vacation next year just so I can get back to where I am accustomed in my "Time Off Bank". I don't borrow and I like my vacation in the winter.

As I alluded to before, another way for the company to "earn" huge amounts of cash is to take back wages (after taxes) for the whole month of July. But following this same train of thought, hold paychecks from June to help make July less painful. Next year we will all laugh about it.

I probably won't take any vacation next year just so I can get back to where I am accustomed in my "Time Off Bank". I don't borrow and I like my vacation in the winter.

As I alluded to before, another way for the company to "earn" huge amounts of cash is to take back wages (after taxes) for the whole month of July. But following this same train of thought, hold paychecks from June to help make July less painful. Next year we will all laugh about it.

Next year? This will all be over "next year"????

Promise????

I'm sure the spin will be dizzying. Let's recap; didn't explain it in the first dvd due to lengthening the dvd, got to come clean after the reality of the subject is fully realized, now making a completely new dvd to "explain" it. WOW!!! Once again Conway at its' best.....FIRE...AIM....READY.....Press on