5 killed in Indiana Interstate 65 crash in Lafayette

Truck did not slow down! How many times have I seen this? Signs posted well before warning of road work, but yet motorists, including truck drivers, just keep hammering down. It does not make sense. See a sign warning of a lane closure ahead, but yet you have those who are going to race right down to the point of merger and if everyone would just start merging things could go much, much smoother.

5 dead because someone did not slow down.

My son got rear-ended in his personal car a couple of weeks ago by a state owned vehicle. My son was stopped at a light and it is estimated that the state owned vehicle hit him running 55mph. Lucky my son was driving a big SUV, he was transported by rescue to the hospital and later released. 4 weeks have gone by and the state of Va. has never contacted my son yet.

Did you read the FMCSA Violations. Mostly hours of service and speeding citations, a Cocktail for Disaster.
God Bless Dr. Jill Buck and her Two Boys. God Bless Mr. Stepanov and his Family.

Did you read the FMCSA Violations. Mostly hours of service and speeding citations, a Cocktail for Disaster.
God Bless Dr. Jill Buck and her Two Boys. God Bless Mr. Stepanov and his Family.

"The truck State Police believe started the crash is operated by Illini State Trucking which is based in Hammond, Indiana. The 13 Investigates team learned records with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration show the company has been involved in nine crashes over the last two years. One of them was fatal. Four others involved injuries.

Federal safety inspectors flagged the trucking company because of a history of violations. The FMCSA says 73% of similar companies have better records when it comes to “Hours-of-Service” violations. Officials cited Illini 34 times in the last two years for problems including drivers being behind the wheel too long and failing to properly keep a driver’s log.

In the last two years, Illini drivers received 27 speeding tickets and 26 other citations for unsafe driving, such as following too closely and improper lane changes."

http://www.wthr.com/story/29622500/five-killed-in-i-65-crash-in-tippecanoe-county

This trucking company should have been shut down way before this accident. But for myself, the information that I have gathered from reading, I think I know very well why the company was still operating. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out.