Holland | 5 Minutes to get your bills and go!!!!

HollandMan1

TB Lurker
Credits
Here at Joilet our city dispatchers are telling us we got 5 minutes from the time our load is called to be out the door or its a letter. They have already written up four people. This started last week. The funny thing is though--they will single out one guy from the whole shift and give him a letter while the rest of the guys are still sitting there going over their paper work. Is this happening at any other tm's? Can they set times like that? :hide:

Just leave the drivers room in 5 minutes and continue looking in your tractor but dont hook until you have checked every bill for appt times, special services and your HazMat totals.
If they are saying your to be hooked and out the terminal yard in 5 minutes, call your steward because you are required to pre-trip your truck and check your load.

If they are

No Our TM tried that military crap and all it did was load his desk up with grievances. Call HR or HO about this. GRIZZ

Delaying freight BUT....

Here at Joilet our city dispatchers are telling us we got 5 minutes from the time our load is called to be out the door or its a letter. They have already written up four people. This started last week. The funny thing is though--they will single out one guy from the whole shift and give him a letter while the rest of the guys are still sitting there going over their paper work. Is this happening at any other tm's? Can they set times like that? :hide:

You have to do a pre-trip inspection and not socialize in the break room when you are ready to go... unless you are a steward doing union business:1036316054: then you can delay up to an hour and show it on manifest without pay

I haven't heard of this going on any where else lately. Heck, here in Louisville the drivers run out the door when there name is finally called because either they have been waiting so long that they thought that they would never get to leave or they're afraid that if they hesitate their run might get canceled before they leave the terminal like YRC's doing every where else.

I have heard of this at several terminals, like a previous post suggested go out to your truck and finish reviewing youir bills.
I think the objective of this policy is to avoid paying by the hour for city guys to coffee clutch.

They want us out of the yard within 30 minutes after our load is manifested. My load is generally not ready so I can pretrip and all that before my bills get turned in to be manifested. Someone who picks at the window on a load that is already manifested might have a tough time if they have to find/fuel the tractor. As long as you let dispatch know why you are taking longer they are ok with it.

Same down here in ME Boilerpeddle. If you"linger-longer" you might get fan mail. GRIZZ

They told us thursday in columbus we have a half hour to get out the door. thats hooking up our tractors and loading the freight.:Poke:

I know that and u do to. But we have supervisers the have never even been inside a truck before. All they care about is making the numbers look good.

Gee, the company wants the freight moved in a timely manner. Does anyone actually beat the eta on the computer. or our we too busy getting our coffee and naps in.

How can you pre-trip a truck without a dispatch? Our bills and vcr book come out at the same time.
To safely check everything from your bills to your brakes, not including loading your freight, it takes about 40-50 minutes. And thats without a shop stop.