5 trucks burn in Calif. freeway tunnel

I go thru that tunnel all the time and there has been several accidents in that bypass. That road gets real slick when it rains and guys just wont slow down. The thing that makes it realy dangerous is that when you come out of the tunnel its a blind curve and if for some reason you have to stop, in the rain you are not going to. Years ago thy used to have a 45mph limit thru there I dont know why it was raised but they shouldnt have. My prayers go out to those involved.

I go thru that tunnel all the time and there has been several accidents in that bypass. That road gets real slick when it rains and guys just wont slow down. The thing that makes it realy dangerous is that when you come out of the tunnel its a blind curve and if for some reason you have to stop, in the rain you are not going to. Years ago thy used to have a 45mph limit thru there I dont know why it was raised but they shouldnt have. My prayers go out to those involved.

Don't they use flashing lights in a situation like this in CA? I have run out there before but never in this area. Here in the East we use the flashig lights to alert everyone especially commercial drivers that they need to proceed w/caution. My thoughts and prayers go out to all involved as well.

Don't they use flashing lights in a situation like this in CA? I have run out there before but never in this area. Here in the East we use the flashig lights to alert everyone especially commercial drivers that they need to proceed w/caution. My thoughts and prayers go out to all involved as well.

Yes they do, there is an overhead sign that lights up "truck route,slippery when wet,use caution", and there is also a yellow sign with flashing yellow lights that says the same thing right before you enter the tunnel. When its raining I go thru there at about 35mph and most trucks are blowing my door off. By the way on a sad note one of the dead was a six year old boy riding in his dads truck, both he and the dad died. We really need to pray for that family.

Well then the warnings were there people just ignored them. So sorry to hear of the young child that perished. I'm sure he just wanted to be with Dad and was happiest when he was. Hope the family takes solace in that.
Drivers we need to take a second each trip and evaluate our driving habits, I see drivers every day in a big hurry tailgaiting, improper lane changes etc... as well as you do too.
I am constantly cajoling, preaching, scorning, the "professional" drivers that I see doing these things, and usually end up getting told to "you drive yours and I'll drive mine", or something to that effect.
This is a tragic example of what happens when we fail to take the extra effect to insure everyones safety.
Take Care
B Safe