Central Transport | 5% where is it?

Not sure how accurate this info is but the word on the street says the 5% we all coughed up is saving Vitran $11M per year.

You would think that saving the company this much money would get these upper management people a bigger bonus than just 25,000, if I were them I would be mad!

Not sure how accurate this info is but the word on the street says the 5% we all coughed up is saving Vitran $11M per year.

your not even close to what they have stole from us or saved. dont forget they also had a 5.9% rate increase at the first of the year also.

Even after buying all that equipment they still made a profit so were is our 5%

thats my point this 5% isnt a one time deal if they give it back its a n on going expense if they dont its an on going chunk of cash they can buy shiny things with reality is they are going to use that 5 for whatever needs the attention at any given time wages ,equipment, condos in canada, etc wer are all just pawns in this game of chess ur move

Hard to believe they make any money at all with the way they treat their equipment and employees. I can't say for sure, but I bet it is going on 3 years since they washed anything. And we have to fight to get stuff fixed. My tractor sat in the shop for 4 weeks waiting on a $50 part. The east would not let the shop buy it locally. We have become known as:
V- Vehicles
I- In
T-Terrible
R- Repair
A- And
N- Nasty

thats my point this 5% isnt a one time deal if they give it back its a n on going expense if they dont its an on going chunk of cash they can buy shiny things with reality is they are going to use that 5 for whatever needs the attention at any given time wages ,equipment, condos in canada, etc wer are all just pawns in this game of chess ur move
Initially, I thought 11 milion was high, but after doing some math (made my head hurt!), and throwing in the extra personal day that was yanked , and our lower quality health care (costs them less for their contribution, they used to give $30 if you didn't buy it, now it's $15, so I am guessing it saved them $15/week/worker=$780/year for each worker x 5600 employees $4.3 million/year), 11M seems low,actually. I expect more cuts in the next economic downturn. The only reason it hasn't happened yet, I think, is because the Canada side is doing well. Not because they are smarter, but because Canada's economy in general is doing much better than ours..I don't think they haven't cut more because they worry we'll leave-they don't seem to care about that at all...
We: drivers, dock workers,mechanics,etc have become the source of revenue for the company. need more profit? Just cut the workers more!

Initially, I thought 11 milion was high, but after doing some math (made my head hurt!), and throwing in the extra personal day that was yanked , and our lower quality health care (costs them less for their contribution, they used to give $30 if you didn't buy it, now it's $15, so I am guessing it saved them $15/week/worker=$780/year for each worker x 5600 employees $4.3 million/year), 11M seems low,actually. I expect more cuts in the next economic downturn. The only reason it hasn't happened yet, I think, is because the Canada side is doing well. Not because they are smarter, but because Canada's economy in general is doing much better than ours..I don't think they haven't cut more because they worry we'll leave-they don't seem to care about that at all...
We: drivers, dock workers,mechanics,etc have become the source of revenue for the company. need more profit? Just cut the workers more!

you are exactly right scotty we have become a huge source of revenue!

Fran from South Bend has info on the union if you want to organize.

Fran from South Bend has info on the union if you want to organize.

Already met with them. Not impressed. old school thug. We go union, then I give them 5% of my pay...I just want our raises back. i'll give up the 5%, lost personal day,etc. Just bring back raises. Geez, I've been here over 2 years, always 24 hour+ for call offs (not too many, just personal days,etc), no accidents, always did what was assigned-despite bad trucks,etc, never refused a load...I'd like to get more than starting pay! I don't expect a raise for showing up, but merit (not kissass:butt kiss:) raises would be nice...

I don't expect a raise for showing up, but merit
(not kissass:butt kiss:) raises would be nice...

Maybe thats all they give is "kissass" raises. So if ya want a raise Scotty start puckerin up those lips for your TM :butt kiss: (now your wife is really gonna want you to look for another job!)