ODFL | 50 hours

outlaw88

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anyone been told that we are going to try to say under or at 50 hours ??? We have been told at our term that we are to stay or try to stay at 50 to 48 hours a week. only thing that it isn't working for us. Just wanted to ask..ONE MORE THING do the bottom guys come in before the top guys ?????

Has anyone been told that we are going to try to say under or at 50 hours ??? We have been told at our term that we are to stay or try to stay at 50 to 48 hours a week. only thing that it isn't working for us. Just wanted to ask..ONE MORE THING do the bottom guys come in before the top guys ?????
our terminal has been running the city guys around 43-52 hours.. problem is there is a lot of work, nobody wants it... sad; they will all complain that they are working too much or going broke... P-D is a lot like farming.. make hay while the sun is shining.... sure hope things get worked out...

I think it's all about the bottom line at each term.Considering the term you work out of possible doesn't pull the income has the bigger term's.So yes I can see why they would try to keep hour's under 50 there.Has of the Senior guy's over the other's.It goes on every where.If you are on a set route&the other's are call'd in earlier to run extra.That happen's here.I got caught up in that mess year's ago.The senior wild driver's were complaining because I was being call'd in earlier than them.But,the other's would alway's complain on the run's that I got."I don't run that area"was the response that I would alway's hear.My response would be I just do what I'm told.

I just can't see with how the ltl industry works that any carrier can keep it's drivers under 50 a week. That's why Con-way paid overtime after 50 in the south. They could control it right around 50 and if they went over, it wasn't by more than 2-4 hours so it didn't cost them much on overtime.

Reactions: Ump