TForce | $500.00 Fee?

Nightwalker

TB Lurker
Credits
I have heard some rumors, and I have some questions.The Indy employees have to pay initiation fee of $500.00. Is this true?

Indy employees owe dues from Sept. of last year till the present. Is this true?

Does the Indy contract provide any protection clauses preventing the company from holding the full time city drivers to 40 hours by hiring part time drivers?

What recourse in this contract does a linehaul driver have if he is left home for a day or a week, if the company decides to run his freight through a UPS Freight owner/operater?

I have heard some rumors, and I have some questions.The Indy employees have to pay initiation fee of $500.00. Is this true?

Does the Indy contract provide any protection clauses preventing the company from holding the full time city drivers to 40 hours by hiring part time drivers?

What recourse in this contract does a linehaul driver have if he is left home for a day or a week, if the company decides to run his freight through a UPS Freight owner/operater?

Nightwalker, I'm not directly involved in this but I'll give you my thoughts based on what I do know

The Indy employees have to pay initiation fee of $500.00. Is this true?

What usually happens is that initiation fees are waived for new members that join during an organizing drive so I would doubt that it's true.

I highly doubt it. These men were not members. I see no reason they should be paying dues for that time.

From what I've read, the only guarantees to the employees are 8 hours per day with time and 1/2 after 8 and a 40 hour guarantee per week for 90% of bid men.

I have no idea on this one.

I hope this helps.

Rumors, are just that, rumors. Get the facts by calling your local union hall.

Nightwalker, I'm not directly involved in this but I'll give you my thoughts based on what I do know

What usually happens is that initiation fees are waived for new members that join during an organizing drive so I would doubt that it's true.

I highly doubt it. These men were not members. I see no reason they should be paying dues for that time.

From what I've read, the only guarantees to the employees are 8 hours per day with time and 1/2 after 8 and a 40 hour guarantee per week for 90% of bid men.

I have no idea on this one.

I hope this helps.
Ur correct we signed and didn't pay nothing.
I make about 120.00 more a week than befor the contract,, and on less hours.. I have respect now, I don't bend over the desk anymore, My insurance cost will not go up for 5 yrs. I was payin 56.00 a week without eye care. now I have all of it and I pay 100.00 a month. :1036316054:

WOW just-me are you sure your under the same contract that was passed around for the rest of us to see?

From your post here it sounds like you've got a better deal,than the Indy contract?

WOW just-me are you sure your under the same contract that was passed around for the rest of us to see?

From your post here it sounds like you've got a better deal,than the Indy contract?

Do you have a copy of the final indy contract or just that draft, that was missing so much?

I have the 40 page outline that one of my fellow west cost co-workers were so kind to send me on my e-mail.

It sure was lot of reading I must say.
But I wasn't totally happy with what I was reading,when I was scanning over it.

I have the 40 page outline that one of my fellow west cost co-workers were so kind to send me on my e-mail.

Yes, I have the same thing, but it is a fractured copy. I have spoken with a teamster rep and he told me he did not like it. I suspect it is more because of no Cen States pen. and not NMFA. I told him we have to begin somewhere. He insisted that he would never settle for the indy contract. So I guess we will have to wait and see what happens with the rest of the country. Strength in numbers.:1036316054:

Well then I must say that was a good answer coming from this Teamsters represenitive.

Sounds like he has our best interests in mind.
Here all the while I thought the Teamsters were in UPS's back pocket,leanning to what they wanted their freight division to get?
If this rep.,shares the attitude of the rest of the Teamsters organization we may be getting a fair shake after all.

Back to Skeeters famous words of wisdom.
(TIME WILL TELL!)

Well then I must say that was a good answer coming from this Teamsters represenitive.

Sounds like he has our best interests in mind.
Here all the while I thought the Teamsters were in UPS's back pocket,leanning to what they wanted their freight division to get?
If this rep.,shares the attitude of the rest of the Teamsters organization we may be getting a fair shake after all.

Back to Skeeters famous words of wisdom.
(TIME WILL TELL!)

Yes, he is a tough cookie. He is old school. The contract is now in the hands of the locals. The indy contract had alot of the internationals influence. Though I still can't see to much aof a change in the majority of the indy contract.

I dont know about the UPSF contract, but the new Parcel Central Region Supplement has provisions for part time drivers. Total crap if you ask me.

Apo, What you saw was a rough draft, and nothing more, this was made during the negotiations, none of us has seen the final draft because, #1 it is not done yet.#2 UPS has to sighn on the dotted line first, before it is released. This does not mean ,that some of what you have read on the rough draft is not true.

What we have all seen on this board is nothing more than a rough draft. A legal document or a contract is not finalized until both parties agree, and have sighned it. Then it becomes a legal document.

Apo, What you saw was a rough draft, and nothing more, this was made during the negotiations, none of us has seen the final draft because, #1 it is not done yet.#2 UPS has to sighn on the dotted line first, before it is released. This does not mean ,that some of what you have read on the rough draft is not true.

What we have all seen on this board is nothing more than a rough draft. A legal document or a contract is not finalized until both parties agree, and have sighned it. Then it becomes a legal document.

So, does this mean that Indy does not have anything of the contract. Until it is agreed by both the teamsters and UPS.

Yes sir Accelerator I know full well that just-me works out of the Indy terminal.
He was the main one keeping us up to date on the bargaining talks since everone went to the table back in 9/6/06.

I was just being my old sarcastic self with that post.

So, does this mean that Indy does not have anything of the contract. Until it is agreed by both the teamsters and UPS.

By the sounds of things , the contract has been ratified by INDY and is in full swing, ask JUST-ME he can verify this, but the actual contract is not legal until it is sighned by both parties, therefore making it a legal document.

This does not mean UPS cannot implement some of what they have agreed apon retroactive, or at the time of ratification.

Sounds to me that INDY has already seen some of what they voted on allready. The working rules is still being worked on. But as I have said, JUST-ME is the person to ask.

Yes sir Accelerator I know full well that just-me works out of the Indy terminal.
He was the main one keeping us up to date on the bargaining talks since everone went to the table back in 9/6/06.

I understand, but you must realize, he did not send us astray, nor did he start rumors iether, he must have had good reasons as to why he said nothing about it thus far.

!0-4 on the old part. Didn't you say trucks were chain driven and had cranks on the front to start them several decades ago when you started your career?:hysterical: