Yellow | 53 foot trailer breaks in half

sandmanadream

TB Lurker
Credits
We had a 53 ft trailer break in half 6 miles away from terminal on the way to pa breakbulk. grossed out at 38000 and just came out of tunnel on 664 north about a mile.The trailer was a old ms carriers which had yrc stickers on it. It was luck that nobody got hurt and yrc needs to purchase new equipment and stop passing out BONUSES like candy before something fails and kills somebody. Putting camera in a truck that is older than 15 years old is not the answer. Its seems that the old band aid trick is not working on 15 year old equipment with new paint , I guess DOT will be waiting for us at the tunnels for a while.

We had a 53 ft trailer break in half 6 miles away from terminal on the way to pa breakbulk. grossed out at 38000 and just came out of tunnel on 664 north about a mile.The trailer was a old ms carriers which had yrc stickers on it. It was luck that nobody got hurt and yrc needs to purchase new equipment and stop passing out BONUSES like candy before something fails and kills somebody. Putting camera in a truck that is older than 15 years old is not the answer. Its seems that the old band aid trick is not working on 15 year old equipment with new paint , I guess DOT will be waiting for us at the tunnels for a while.

How was the 38K loaded? Was it distributed fairly well in the trailer or was it concentrated in one area? Had one start to break in half many years ago when I was pulling a 44K load of rolled newsprint at Maislin. Caught it before the trailer body rested on the tires and had to have the load switched to another trailer on the side of the NY Thruway.

Straight up ghetto operation they run..

Had to be loaded wrong. I load all night every night. If it's not distributed right ::shit:: will happen.... I see guys loading small 2500 pound skids... Maybe eight-nine of em in half a pup just because they fit. They have no clue how to do it. And put skids on top of them to boot. Seen some weird stuff happen over the years. :dance:

New paint ?? Somebody in this company has new paint?

2yxctvd.jpg

Me. Me. I ran into my team partner yesterday and was showing him my new paint job on my 16 year old tractor. Just got it back....

38 THOUSAND? ON A SINGLE AXLE? WHO'S BRIGHT IDEAL WAS THIS?
32000 MAX ON A VAN WITH A SINGLE AXLE TRACTOR! PROVIDED IT'S LOADED CORRECTLY!
Whoever was involved with this dispatch needs to be shown the door!
Hey safety department, Let see what you do to management on this one! IT WAS UNSAFE, ILLEGAL,DUMB, AND SOMEONE COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED!
Get your heads out of your asses and deal with this:shhit:! You profits and convenance END where my safety and the LAW begin!

Hey safety department, Let see what you do to management on this one! IT WAS UNSAFE, ILLEGAL,DUMB, AND SOMEONE COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED!
Get your heads out of your asses and deal with this:shhit:! You profits and convenance END where my safety and the LAW begin!
It was not a single axle tractor LV...it was a tandem
W6WbOew.jpg

Had to be loaded wrong. I load all night every night. If it's not distributed right :::shit::: will happen.... I see guys loading small 2500 pound skids... Maybe eight-nine of em in half a pup just because they fit. They have no clue how to do it. And put skids on top of them to boot. Seen some weird stuff happen over the years. :dance:
It's all about the load average. Get with the program.
This one is secondary. Most, if not all of what ABF has is single axle and they load up those UE guys with anything that fits, it seems to be the trend nowdays.

:6788::smiliewhs:

Something funny about this. Why does it look like the trailer roof is peeled back?
I'm going to guess that it's how it ended up when the trailer broke in the middle and the distance between the bulkhead and the tail got shorter and that roof metal had to find somewhere to go. It's a mess up there.

I'm going to guess that it's how it ended up when the trailer broke in the middle and the distance between the bulkhead and the tail got shorter and that roof metal had to find somewhere to go. It's a mess up there.

No way. Roof sheet is attached all along the sides and would buckle not roll back the way it looks in the photo. Like to know exactly where this happened to get more info if possible. Just doesn't look right IMHO.