Yellow | 53ft trailors

gopher

TB Lurker
Credits
Fri when I left 241 there was a steady run of new 53's comming into the yard there.I hate them give me pups any day.Is roadway changing to holland?

I have heard so many reasons they are getting them. I know getting them with the blue tractors that will not jiff up is not a good thing. The equipment will not match up anymore and when 1000's of drivers go out all night all over the country stuff gets messed up. More equipment placement problems.

I have heard so many reasons they are getting them. I know getting them with the blue tractors that will not jiff up is not a good thing. The equipment will not match up anymore and when 1000's of drivers go out all night all over the country stuff gets messed up. More equipment placement problems.

Toxic, the responsibilty will lay on the dispatchers and the loaders. If the box weighs less that 24 -30K, there is no problem. Just make sure the shift the weight toward the center of the trailer, not the nose.

Dispatchers...THERE is the problem:duh:

Another big reason might be that they will not take pups @BNSF rail after Jan 1st, anything under 48ft has to be a "stackable" container.

Toxic, the responsibilty will lay on the dispatchers and the loaders. If the box weighs less that 24 -30K, there is no problem. Just make sure the shift the weight toward the center of the trailer, not the nose.

Dispatchers...THERE is the problem:duh:

I remember "The Big R" schooled me on the series # of the new blue power units which were tandem or single axles. So here I am telling the dispatcher he couldn't dispatch certain loads cause he couldn't match up the right equipment to certain loads coming into him. Our jiff lot pool shot up so high in numbers they had to load out a couple of vans to get them out of here:hysterical:

Still don't understand or see the need for 53's. For starters, we lose 3 feet of freight per driver. In most cities, they can't be used for peddles....at 187, most drivers will not pull them out of the yard (illegal here). The whole trailer has to be unloaded to find "hot" freight. The only up side I see to the 53's is they use only one door at the dock as opposed to 2 doors for pups.