SEFL | 55 series trailer.

imported_Girn

TB Lurker
Credits
Since the introduction of the 55 series trailer, I have never seen one used for it's intended use. Double stacked and or two layered or tiered shipments. This would be fine if all shipments met the same height and width requirements that the 55 series has to offer but in reality 9 out of 10 shipments fail to meet the minimum requirement. At my terminal the 55 series trailer is loaded with a bulk floor load and sent out in hopes of never being seen again. A perfectly good 55 series trailer being shunned and replaced at the dock with a much more dilapidated and ancient 531200,1300 1400 series on up, trailer..... because they are more freight friendly. What research and preparation went into the development of this total waste of money and resources? What customer was in mind when this million dollar blunder was ok'ed to proceed with production????? And why was the dock leadership not asked about their opinion and concerns regarding this specialized trailer concept. After all, the dock leadership are the ones who must confront these trailers on a daily basis and determine what shipments can be shipped on these specific and temperamental trailers and still cost out. What a shame. Instead of asking the ones who push the freight into the trailers, they ask the ones, who PUSH THE PENCILS concerning the freight. See what I am saying here?????? When allocating millions of dollars, the ones who directly come into contact with the concept , should be the major contributor of input concerning that concept!!!

Excellent point these trailers are an absolute waste of money. We end up having to use one in the city once in awhile and theres no way to tie down tall or unstable freight to the wall. Lets hope they don't buy anymore L bars would have been a much cheaper investment than 55 trailers.