5th Avenue Bar

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
So last night I was busy running around and I stopped into Circle K for some Dairymen's Chocolate Milk and I was walking through the candy bar isle and I saw the box of 5th Avenue Bars and I thought, you know I've never had a 5th Avenue Bar, 5th Avenue is a real high class street in New York City and the Candy Bar is in a pretty fancy wrapper and looks like something high class people would eat as a snack. It's chocolate and crunchy peanut butter. At any rate I thought it tasted pretty good although it wasn't my favorite, I think that Kit Kats are really good dare I say even better then Reese's Cups. So what candy bar is your favorite?

For me it's Milky Way. Pretty good frozen too.

Before I quit drinking beer, Milky Way was real good with a cold beer. Now they are real good with any non alcoholic beverage.

My number two was Three Musketeers, and I ate the chocolate coating off of as much of it as I could and still hold it before I ate that malt middle. $100,000 bars are good too, chocolate, caramel and some rice crispies.

Can't pick a favorite, Snickers, Planters Peanut Bar (hard to find), Zero Bar (white chocolate, sweet), Baby Ruth, Chunky, Hershey with almonds, Charleston Chew, Butterfinger, Caramel Creams and probably a lot more I can't think of right now.

Not unlike your discovery of the 5th Avenue bar, I recently gave the ol' Baby Ruth a try. Since then it has been my go-to. Check it out.

By the way, how dare you rate Kit-Kats over Reese Cups. Blasphemy, I tell you!

Yup, Baby Ruth, nuts caramel and chocolate, what's not to like. If I had to pick one Baby Ruth may be it.

My number two was Three Musketeers, and I ate the chocolate coating off of as much of it as I could and still hold it before I ate that malt middle. $100,000 bars are good too, chocolate, caramel and some rice crispies.

I didn't know the $100,000 bar was still around, I don't see it in stores up here. I can't find the Planters Peanut Bars either, once in awhile I buy a case on line.

So what candy bar is your favorite?
almost all the old stand-by's

Heath Bar

Rolo

Milky Way

Snickers

Hersey Bar

Almond Joy.

Mounds

Kit Kat

Reeces cups.

3 Musketeers

Tootsie Roll

Chunky

Snow caps

Rasinettes

Clark Bar

Mars bar

Mr Peanut bar

Mr. Goodbar

Pom-Poms (malted chocolate balls..??)

Milk Duds

Junior Mints

but the cold hard sad fact is, they are not the same size, they were when i was younger, nor the price either.

many times, i can get a "2 for sale", but they are still small candy bars. but then too, as we age, if we eat the same sized we once did as kids, we blow up like balloons.......

or, those that are diabetic, cannot even have them, and that is sadder than the smaller sizes.

I've heard that a lot over the years candy bar sizes have gone up and down big small and the price is adjusted to. I know Hershey's has tried to kill of the King Size Bar.

I've heard that a lot over the years candy bar sizes have gone up and down big small and the price is adjusted to. I know Hershey's has tried to kill of the King Size Bar.
Mostly the price has gone up but I do remember THE time the size of the bars went up because cocoa prices were way down. Many, many things are no longer the size that they used to be, here's a short list:
1/2 gal ice cream
1/2 gal orange juice
32 oz (quart) mayonnaise
peanut butter (don't eat much so I don't know the size, I just know that the bottom of that jar has a huge indent in the bottom of it like mayonnaise does now)
dial soap (same as w/peanut butter)
16 oz pasta is dwindling in size, some are still 16 while many others are less, have to pay attention with this one
gallon of gas (trick question it's still a gallon)