Holland | 6 Man Board

I still can't figure how 2 companys who own us decide our fate impartialy. Can anything be done? Must be another one of them smokey backroom deals I hear about. I wonder what the labor relations board would think if they new the company is violating the overtime percentage rule in our contract and forcing more people on unemployment. If the company and us agreed on a percentage number and the company gives the steward the numbers every week, then why don't they stick to them? I know I am preaching to the choir as I have been told, but who do we turn to? Maybe my local officials in 179 who tucked their tail between their legs and ran could have an answer. Maybe I should apply for one of those 6 $$$,$$$ figure jobs while I am on layoff. I may get lucky. By the way, Sat. powerball is $200,000,000. I bought a couple tickets. If I win and I do get that job at the hall, I won't abandon you guys. Who would give up a job like that but a crook. As tricky Dick said "I am not a crook"

Standing Up

I still can't figure how 2 companys who own us decide our fate impartialy. Can anything be done? Must be another one of them smokey backroom deals I hear about. I wonder what the labor relations board would think if they new the company is violating the overtime percentage rule in our contract and forcing more people on unemployment. If the company and us agreed on a percentage number and the company gives the steward the numbers every week, then why don't they stick to them? I know I am preaching to the choir as I have been told, but who do we turn to? Maybe my local officials in 179 who tucked their tail between their legs and ran could have an answer. Maybe I should apply for one of those 6 $$$,$$$ figure jobs while I am on layoff. I may get lucky. By the way, Sat. powerball is $200,000,000. I bought a couple tickets. If I win and I do get that job at the hall, I won't abandon you guys. Who would give up a job like that but a crook. As tricky Dick said "I am not a crook"

If you do not see anyone on your horizon that fits the bill of what you consider a true Teamster.

Then YOU should stand up and be counted.

If you want the "Smoky back room deals" to stop, know that it is you that can stop them.

This Union business is not rocket science.

But it does take, Heart, Character, Integrity, a willingness to do "The Right Thing Always" and a sense of just what Unionism is all about.

Not being afraid to say "I don't know, but I will get you the answer".

Not being afraid to say "I made a mistake, but it won't happen again".

Think of how you feel when someone tells you the truth.

What a novel idea, a union leadership type telling you the truth.

Our Locals need their memberships to stop waiting for the messiah and realize that it is they, the membership that know best how to, stop the erosion of your rights to those grey interpretations.

To stand strong in the face of the employers.

To let those employers know that we are their partners. We are NOT their enemy.

To ask your brothers for their help in making this Union thing flourish and grow.

To know how to institute transparency and keep it always there for everyone to see.

It is a beautiful thing when the ideals of Unionism are the principles each member carries with him or her through the day.

Remember, it is the adherence to those principals of Unionism that those Teamsters before you believed in that give to you the life and benefits you now enjoy.

Do not be afraid, go for it.

You have the power inside you to make your Union what it should be.

What is your terminals % of favorable rulings, once it goes to the 6 man board? I am guessing it is 10% in JO.

I guess Har*ld didn't make it in that 10% of wins. Goodbye Har*old, it's been fun working with you. Maybe someday someone will do something about the 2 impartial votes that YELLOW and ROADWAY have in deciding our fate. Oh yeah I forgot, they are seperate companys than us, we just fall under the same stock symbol and bankbook. Take care and good luck Har*old.:smilie_132:

Good luck H.C.

I guess Har*ld didn't make it in that 10% of wins. Goodbye Har*old, it's been fun working with you. Maybe someday someone will do something about the 2 impartial votes that YELLOW and ROADWAY have in deciding our fate. Oh yeah I forgot, they are seperate companys than us, we just fall under the same stock symbol and bankbook. Take care and good luck Har*old.:smilie_132:

He is a good man and a good friend, learned a lot from him, it's sad to see him go but he pushed the envelope over the edge once too many times.
He is a very resourceful individual I am sure he will make out. Good luck buddy and see you soon.:1036316054:

GBA:USA: