6 Myths About Welfare Recipients Debunked

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dick Dastardly, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

Notice the 44 percent having some college? You unknowingly insult low wage workers calling them failures.

Magoo likes this.
  2. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

I think many small business owners think they are better and brighter than they are. They extract too much from the business thinking they deserve riches. When in fact they are paying wages and benefits that are sub par and full time workers cannot afford to live on those wages.
    The owners think they are the cat's meow, business geniuses when in fact if they had to pay a living wage then they would have to give up the car and houses they have. They would have to work in the business 60-70 hours a week themselves, no vacations.
    And thats because they really aren't doing so well if they paid people for their labor.
    Yeah so you're going to open up a store and compete with Wal Mart are you?
    You're going to buy a McDonald's franchise and get rich aye?

Better keep your job and hope you get a raise.:1036316054:

Dick Dastardly likes this.
  3. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

The difference between you and I is that I don't accept either party pissing away the American tax payer's money.
    Typical response. I highly doubt that that much "cash" was sent on a plane. If so, I'd love to kick Bush in the sack over it. However, you give Obama a pass by deflecting the conversation toward Bush.
    I know, you're just toeing the party line, but the wasteful spending should be condemned by the members of both parties, but I guess that you just can't do such a thing.

jimmy g likes this.
  4. Northern Flash

Yes, as a matter of fact, it does mean that they should be at a lower wage. "Slave" wages is just an attention grabber, I realize that, but someone has to be at the bottom of the food chain. So who better to be there than those who are either an uneducated worker or just a bad employee that can't be counted on? Someone has to be on the bottom.

jimmy g likes this.
  5. Magoo

If you google it you will find it.
    Thats how I came up with the number, I knew it was LARGE but forgotten how large.
    So I googled it.

6. Northern Flash

The low-skilled illegals flooding our country has way more impact on our wages than any right to work law does.

jimmy g likes this.
  7. Northern Flash

And most of those who are over 20 years old and still working at minimum wages don't have the brains to pour piss out of a boot. And since they were 16-18 years old, they've made the decision to stay a slug, which keeps them in that same income bracket for life. But that was their own decision, and there is nobody else to blame but themselves.

8. Northern Flash

"Some college" doesn't mean anything. In most cases, especially under these newest college laws that the Govt. has implemented, even a D student can go to college. So they are a bad high school student, but somehow are offered a cheap/free opportunity to go on to college, and expected to be successful.
    That is a worthless stat in my opinion.

jimmy g likes this.
  9. Northern Flash

The easiest cure to sub-par wages being in our system is for BETTER jobs to be created and nobody work for the sub-par paying companies. The problem is that those good jobs have went overseas and our Govt. (both parties) have allowed it for decades without repercussions.
    That's why Trump is so popular, since he isn't bought and paid for, and there is at least a small chance that he'll bring those jobs back.
    A small chance is better than no chance, and America sees it.

jimmy g likes this.
  10. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode

Simply raising the minimum wage solves very little because its artificial and not market based, and yes bringing more workers especially low wage unskilled workers into this country does keep wages down, it is the hallmark of economics "supply and demand", if service companies couldn't fill the open positions to clean bathrooms or cut lawns for 7, 8, or 9 dollars an hour, they would be forced to raise wages to attract employees and retain them, secondly, remember who desperately wants this country to compete in the "global market place", it ain't the mop handlers or lawn mowers or any other worker in this country, why it's good old Washington DC, hmm how's that done .....through lower wages, regardless of what they say and how they spin it..

jimmy g and Northern Flash like this.
  11. Northern Flash

You're right kboom, but if you listen to the Democrat mouth pieces, it's only Republicans that own the businesses and want the cheap labor. (which is total b.s.)

12. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

Can I suggest welding school?

kboomarang likes this.
  13. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode

Perfect example, welders make good money, they're highly sought after, and chances are they're offered sign on bonuses, verses a 4 year degree in the "humanities" or some like major were you're required to do a yearlong unpaid internship in the hopes of landing a job, only there is not many jobs because of the end stream of free interns available, hence Starbuck's and educated coffee pourers.

14. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I said 'if you're trying to raise a family on minimum wage, you've already failed.' I meant it. If one is college educated and working minimum wage, he has only himself to blame. Few if any work for minimum wage where I live. Even White Castle hamburgers pays 12-15 bucks an hour. Competition raises wages.

There are plenty of college educated losers in this world. The White House is full of many.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  15. Magoo

T Rump is yanking your chain he can't do ding dong about it and he hasn't a clue what to do either except run his mouth.

Are you as an American free to spend your money anywhere you want? ( with the exception of Cuba).
    Yes you are and if it pleases you are free to close your factory here and just license some factory in Pakistan to make it for you.
    Whats easier than that no headache with buildings, permits bribing the local politicians just have companies bid for your work.

So what's T Rump going to do tell those rich people who fund politics they can't do that?
    Hit everyone bringing products in with a big tarriff? Consumers will have to pay for it, doubt it cause more product to be made here just make things get more expensive.

T Rump doesn't have a clue along with most of the others they just say they do, why would you vote for them if they said they were clueless.

Dick Dastardly likes this.
  16. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

How do you know? You refused to read his tax plan.

17. Magoo

Because he's a tv reality show star
    you didn't know that?
    You're Fired!

18. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

What's that have to do with his plan to bring back biz to the USA?

19. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

Barry figured out how to kill legitimate businesses like the coal industry with codes and regulations, maybe The Donald can figure out how to bring industry doing what Barry does in reverse. Like a pen and a phone instead of a phone and a pen maybe.

20. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

Because if Trump were serious about bringing jobs back here he'd start with his own clothing line and have his hotel in Vegas recognize their union.