6 Myths About Welfare Recipients Debunked

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dick Dastardly, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

You can be on the bottom and pay a living wage. I'm assuming you'd rather the tax payer continue subsidies to make up the difference?

pilot87 and Magoo like this.
  2. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

One thing that you guys need to realize is that Trump WAS a businessman, and a very successful one at that. Now that he's become a politician, his focus isn't on his own business interests, it's now focused on America's best interests. There's a huge difference.

3. Northern Flash

Nope. I'm not in favor of any long term "subsidies" as you call them. (I prefer to call them handouts) Short term help only.

And the minimum wage jobs are not intended to pay for a family's "living wage" either. They are just stepping stone jobs, and most of those industries can't afford/support paying high wages. So you build a resume' while working there, establish yourself as a good employee, then move on to bigger better things.

Not to get too far off topic, but this is where Bernie is making a huge mistake. He's pushing this minimum wage issues as though everybody cares, when in reality most don't. There's something like 5% or less of the population that works at minimum wage. He's locked in on the topic, nobody else cares.

jimmy g likes this.
  4. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

By increasing minimum wage to $12 per hour, you'd give 56 percent of workers a raise. Did you forget the six on the end of your five? As I explained to Jimmy, increasing the minimum wage affects more than those at the bare Federal minimum of $7.25

pilot87 and Magoo like this.
  5. Northern Flash

Only 4 or 5 percent of Amerca is working for minimum wage. That's what I said.

Yep. And that's exactly what will shut down the businesses that have to pay minimum wage, because it's not just the minimum wage earners that get the raise......everyone else will have to get one also.

If a five year employee is at $12.00 per hour and all of the sudden the rookies walk in the door at $12.00 per hour, do you think that the five year employee won't demand more money?

So when the business can no longer profit, they shut the doors......everyone loses.

jimmy g likes this.
  6. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Somewhere I read that if T Rump invested the money he was given by his father in some index funds instead of being a business tycoon he would have been much richer.

So in that regard he's kind of a schlep isn't he?
    That and the many bankruptcies but people make him out to be a genius.
    WTF he's like PT Barnum of the Circus a great self promoter

7. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Anyone making less than the new minimum wage will be ahead making the new higher wage.
    But you will not get a raise, sorry but just think about your poor boss struggling to make ends meet and understand.

pilot87 likes this.
  8. Northern Flash

Would haves, should haves,......whatever. Had I not bought stocks that tanked, I'd be livin' large. Instead, I made some bad investments. That same money spent elsewhere would have me living in some fancy condo in Clearwater.
    :wink: