ABF | 60 Hour bid!

With that comment, just how old are you? von.

Perry's investigator was named Drake. What was his first name?
Old enough to have watched Saturday morning cartoons. Bugs Bunny, Mighty Mouse, the original Tom and Jerry, and t v shows like Sky King, Rin Tin Tin, and Superman. Those glasses, that he wore as a disguise, never fooled me.

Ahh,.........Dear old Rollin62......once again talking out of whatever orifice he's comfortable with.......

Since he doesn't work for ABF ......and obviously doesn't have a copy of the contract,..........then he doesn't realize that UE positions are bid off the city board, and the company can force from the bottom if no one covers the UE bid.

Work on the city board is based on a 40 or 45 hour week, with 40 being the norm. To create a bid, especially one that has you leave your home state,......that can't reasonably be completed within 8 hours,.......is a violation of both seniority and conventional work rules.

Everyone notice how this is being done without a change of operations, or notification of bid changes to the Local Unions?

Once again, our ethical "Christian" run company is trying to pull a fast one.......

And,....as always, when a "sleight of hand" trick is being pulled,.........you need a clown or comedian for diversion......Right on Cue, Rollin62!

How's things over at Con-Way? Or did your new French masters get sick of your dog'n'pony show and get rid of you?

I am 61 years of age, hoping to make it to 62 years of age. I have never worked for Conway and I don't know who rollin62 is. Apology accepted.

Oh, no there, Bro. Dracula........I wasn't referring to you.....go back through the posts and you'll see our part-time buttinski Rollin62 ............the one with the bag on his head.....and NOT Bro. Big R Guy,........(who also has a bag on his head)......Well, ...he's the one I was referring to.....

Just like the locusts come crawling out of the ground during certain seasons,.......Rollin62 has a habit of rearing his bag-covered head every time ABF management is implementing a questionable tactic.......

He infests the Con-Way board on a regular basis.........in spite of the illusion he was trying to create that he works at an ABF facility..........Personally, I don't think even ABF is so desperate as to hire someone so destitute of honesty as Mr. Rollin62...... Con-Way may be a different story,......... Especially in the management department.....

However, ....if you've never had the questionable pleasure of dealing with Rollin62,..........I'd suggest you prepare for the occasion by practicing grabbing eels in Vaseline,... ...or nailing fresh Jello to a wall with a sledgehammer ........

He's kind of hard to determine when he's telling the truth........which seems to be a subjective term to him.......

Oh, no there, Bro. Dracula........I wasn't referring to you.....go back through the posts and you'll see our part-time buttinski Rollin62 ............the one with the bag on his head.....and NOT Bro. Big R Guy,........(who also has a bag on his head)......Well, ...he's the one I was referring to.....

Just like the locusts come crawling out of the ground during certain seasons,.......Rollin62 has a habit of rearing his bag-covered head every time ABF management is implementing a questionable tactic.......

He infests the Con-Way board on a regular basis.........in spite of the illusion he was trying to create that he works at an ABF facility..........Personally, I don't think even ABF is so desperate as to hire someone so destitute of honesty as Mr. Rollin62...... Con-Way may be a different story,......... Especially in the management department.....

However, ....if you've never had the questionable pleasure of dealing with Rollin62,..........I'd suggest you prepare for the occasion by practicing grabbing eels in Vaseline,... ...or nailing fresh Jello to a wall with a sledgehammer ........

He's kind of hard to determine when he's telling the truth........which seems to be a subjective term to him.......
Thank you for separating the real thing from a wanna be....

I am 61 years of age, hoping to make it to 62 years of age. I have never worked for Conway and I don't know who rollin62 is. Apology accepted.

I am one year ahead of you. You kind of spoiled my plan. I was trying to be rude, crude, & socially unacceptable. My hopes for trying to start some shi* has failed thanks to you. Be safe out there. von.

Thank you for separating the real thing from a wanna be....

No problem Brother. You have something to add to the dialogue here........

Rollin62, .....on the other hand,......Well,......if he's not trying to instigate,. .....he's doing a damn good impersonation of an instigator.....

Our UE runs are changing from 4 tens to 5 eights. Since the DCs we run to are both at least 5 hours one way, with time added to drop and hook, both runs will be right at 60 hours. I am going to stay on the bid long enough to file a grievance for excessive overtime. The contract specifically states that you can only be forced to work 2 hours over except you have to "complete your run". Since the runs are forcing nearly 12 hours a day on an 8 hour bid it seems to me that violates the intent if not the actual wording of the contract. The "finish your run" language was intended to allow the company to force a city driver to make all his deliveries and pickups before coming back to the terminal. It was never meant to allow the company to post 12 hour runs. Has anyone else out there had a similar situation, and if so has it been filed on before? And what was the outcome? Any help would be great. Thanks.
We're so terribly understaffed at our terminal that it's almond laughable. We warned mgmnt. of this several months ago, but they didn't hire. Finally had to file on the overtime thingy...it worked, they hired ONE guy, but we still need another one. Keep filling out those 'no overtime sheets, make copies of your time cards and the no OT sheets, then turn them into your BA. He or she will know what to do.

Forgive me, call it what you will, ue, city work,,but 400, 500, or more, etc run is a turn, its road driver, linehaul work. Ue was a giveaway like our vacation. If an abf employee chooses to run theses types of runs, transfer to road and preserve our job integrety. Now your bitching about what abf wants, before you were happy about days and hours..what did you think was going to happen? It was cost saving.of course they want more. Be heard, speak up at meetings, stop giving linehaul to ue. Such a screwed up system, a ue guy off, they fill from linehaul, why not fill from city board? 10%?

Such a screwed up system, a ue guy off, they fill from linehaul, why not fill from city board? 10%?
Because we're a non union company who's workers pay union dues, that's why (or why not).