60 Hour bid!

Discussion in 'ABF Freight System' started by grovercxl, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Dracula

Dracula Well-Known Member

Old enough to have watched Saturday morning cartoons. Bugs Bunny, Mighty Mouse, the original Tom and Jerry, and t v shows like Sky King, Rin Tin Tin, and Superman. Those glasses, that he wore as a disguise, never fooled me.

canaryinthemine likes this.
  2. vongrimmenstein

vongrimmenstein Well-Known Member

Thanks Big Daddy. Did you notice he did not respond to my 1st question? I think he is trying to hide stuff from us. I think he is a ringer for someone, but whom? Be safe out there. von.

3. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

A ringer? What's that?:confused1:

4. Dracula

I'm 61and hoping to make 62.

5. canaryinthemine

canaryinthemine Retirement....The Job I Was Born To Have!

Ahh,.........Dear old Rollin62......once again talking out of whatever orifice he's comfortable with.......

Since he doesn't work for ABF ......and obviously doesn't have a copy of the contract,..........then he doesn't realize that UE positions are bid off the city board, and the company can force from the bottom if no one covers the UE bid.

Work on the city board is based on a 40 or 45 hour week, with 40 being the norm. To create a bid, especially one that has you leave your home state,......that can't reasonably be completed within 8 hours,.......is a violation of both seniority and conventional work rules.

Everyone notice how this is being done without a change of operations, or notification of bid changes to the Local Unions?

Once again, our ethical "Christian" run company is trying to pull a fast one.......

And,....as always, when a "sleight of hand" trick is being pulled,.........you need a clown or comedian for diversion......Right on Cue, Rollin62!

How's things over at Con-Way? Or did your new French masters get sick of your dog'n'pony show and get rid of you?

6. Dracula

I am 61 years of age, hoping to make it to 62 years of age. I have never worked for Conway and I don't know who rollin62 is. Apology accepted.

vongrimmenstein likes this.
  7. canaryinthemine

Oh, no there, Bro. Dracula........I wasn't referring to you.....go back through the posts and you'll see our part-time buttinski Rollin62 ............the one with the bag on his head.....and NOT Bro. Big R Guy,........(who also has a bag on his head)......Well, ...he's the one I was referring to.....

Just like the locusts come crawling out of the ground during certain seasons,.......Rollin62 has a habit of rearing his bag-covered head every time ABF management is implementing a questionable tactic.......

He infests the Con-Way board on a regular basis.........in spite of the illusion he was trying to create that he works at an ABF facility..........Personally, I don't think even ABF is so desperate as to hire someone so destitute of honesty as Mr. Rollin62...... Con-Way may be a different story,......... Especially in the management department.....

However, ....if you've never had the questionable pleasure of dealing with Rollin62,..........I'd suggest you prepare for the occasion by practicing grabbing eels in Vaseline,... ...or nailing fresh Jello to a wall with a sledgehammer ........

He's kind of hard to determine when he's telling the truth........which seems to be a subjective term to him.......

Grumpy and troubleman84 like this.
  8. BIG R GUY

BIG R GUY COOP Dispatch GPS Division

Thank you for separating the real thing from a wanna be....

Grumpy and canaryinthemine like this.
  9. vongrimmenstein

vongrimmenstein Well-Known Member

I am one year ahead of you. You kind of spoiled my plan. I was trying to be rude, crude, & socially unacceptable. My hopes for trying to start some shi* has failed thanks to you. Be safe out there. von.

10. canaryinthemine

No problem Brother. You have something to add to the dialogue here........

Rollin62, .....on the other hand,......Well,......if he's not trying to instigate,. .....he's doing a damn good impersonation of an instigator.....

grovercxl likes this.
  11. ABFer

I wonder how Stoney's doing. :shrug:

12. GO40

GO40 Banned

Oh no....

ABFer likes this.
  13. ABFer

Don't worry, he hasn't been seen for 3/4 of a year, I expect that he's embarrassed and ashamed to tell us how he's doing.

GO40 likes this.
  14. GO40

GO40 Banned

I truly hope he's doing well....

canaryinthemine likes this.
  15. ABFer

I'm with you on that but I am not very optimistic, that sector has been in the dumper for longer than LTL has.

canaryinthemine and GO40 like this.
  16. Trucker 206

Trucker 206 Well-Known Member

We're so terribly understaffed at our terminal that it's almond laughable. We warned mgmnt. of this several months ago, but they didn't hire. Finally had to file on the overtime thingy...it worked, they hired ONE guy, but we still need another one. Keep filling out those 'no overtime sheets, make copies of your time cards and the no OT sheets, then turn them into your BA. He or she will know what to do.

17. ragpicker

ragpicker New Member

What is a no OT sheet?

18. iam4us

iam4us Active Member

Forgive me, call it what you will, ue, city work,,but 400, 500, or more, etc run is a turn, its road driver, linehaul work. Ue was a giveaway like our vacation. If an abf employee chooses to run theses types of runs, transfer to road and preserve our job integrety. Now your bitching about what abf wants, before you were happy about days and hours..what did you think was going to happen? It was cost saving.of course they want more. Be heard, speak up at meetings, stop giving linehaul to ue. Such a screwed up system, a ue guy off, they fill from linehaul, why not fill from city board? 10%?

19. ABFer

Because we're a non union company who's workers pay union dues, that's why (or why not).

stickman likes this.
  20. Boilerpeddle

Boilerpeddle Drawing found in trailer

The do fill from city here if there is anyone available.